• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf on Acrylic Panels

Marie

I have a customer who wants graphics installed on acrylic panels using laminated window perf. They are concerned that when the graphics are removed in 2 - 3 years that the acrylic will be damaged. Does anyone have any experience with removal of window perf from acrylic or any thoughts on the results of leaving it installed for several years. THANKS! Marie

Johnny Best

If they are in direct sunlight for any amount of time it might be hard to get off and people might scratch the acrylic in attempting to remove with scrapers. You can use adhesive remover to remove glue and cleanup with Sprayway glass cleaner. Acrylic does scratch easily but can be buffed out if you know what you are doing.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Are they interior or exterior? If there's any UV exposure, you might end up with some yellowing where there was no perf. I've had good luck Novus line of plastic polishes cleaning it up, but you MIGHT not be able to get it back to mint.

TimToad

The biggest risk would be using a sharp object to peel off the material. There is little actual material adhered to the substrate given the millions of holes, you should be fine with some heat and care. A good cleaning with some rapid remover or alcohol and soft cloth should do the trick.

DerbyCitySignGuy

The biggest risk would be using a sharp object to peel off the material. There is little actual material adhered to the substrate given the millions of holes, you should be fine with some heat and care. A good cleaning with some rapid remover or alcohol and soft cloth should do the trick.

Alcohol is a bad idea on acrylic due to crazing. Even if you're careful, it's not a risk I'd be willing to take on customer supplied material.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can you tell us where these or how these are being used ??

Also, what size are these panels or graphics gonna be ??