• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

window tint suppliers - fellers stopped carrying window tint

KPC

I was looking thru my 2010 (hadn't yet dl'ed the new 11 pdf catalog)
in 2010 they carried window tint & tools. Specifically they were carrying the LLumar brand tint, and from what research I've done, LLumar seems to be of the highest quality window tint.

So yesterday I called fellers to put in an order for some supplies, and a few rolls of LLumar tint in various shades, only to find out that Fellers has completely stopped carrying all window tinting supplies for 2011.

So does anyone have know of any good suppliers where I can get quality tint & tools.

More specifically if there are any suppliers in the Pittsburgh or surrounding area, that would be nice as I could stop in and pick up the items or check the items out in person before buying.

I also get a lot of supplies from Pioneer Sign Supply out of Pittsburgh but I don't think they carry window tint.

MikePro

if your sign suppliers can't help you out... i've always bought window tint from Menard's. Walmart most likely carries it too.

KPC

I don't know if this was meant as a joke or if you are being serious...

I'd like to buy professional material & tools, not reboxed economy grade material sourced from china & sold thru walmart. :thumb:

"Deposit Please"

Madico, Global, Solargard, Suntek, Concord, 3M, johnson etc.. This should be a good start for you .....and no, llumar isn't the best auto tint film out there, not even close & it doesn't matter what series you get. Hope this helps

KPC

I'd rather deal with a one stop supplier where I can get the material & tools.

I don't have the time to research each manufacturer for every tool, plus material.

I'd rather deal with a trusted wholesale supplier that only sells tested & trusted high quality materials & tools.

Plus, i doubt a window tint manufacturer is going to be interested in selling a couple rolls to an installer.

They would much rather deal with reseller that will buy pallets of material at a time to resell to installers.

KPC

thanks for the list of companies.
that will get me going in the right direction. You seem to know a bit about tinting. Can you offer any other recommendations. I've been researching to death on the net and everywhere I go says LLumar is good stuff. The best might be personal preference, but I don't think it is bottom of the barrel (Avery vinyl comes to mind).

on the other hand, I hear a lot that 3m window tint scratches easily.

I am still interested in wholesale suppliers for material & tools. If anyone has a source but doesn't want end users to see it, feel free to pm me.

I've already had one pm for a source that I will contact come monday.

KPC

Whatever you want to do, all that i listed also sells the tools you need to become a tint installer.

my previous post was directed to klemgraphics when he said 'Why don't you contact the mfg. directly?'. I think you took my post as being directly towards you since you slipped in with your post right before I said that I wanted to not deal direct with the manufacturer. If that makes sense...

Anyway... thanks again for the list, it is appreciated info

That's surprising. I would imagine they moved quite a bit of it, more so than 180 & 380 combined.

I assume this is directed to fellers no longer carrying tinting stuff. Who is 180 & 380?

CheapVehicleWrap

my previous post was directed to klemgraphics when he said 'Why don't you contact the mfg. directly?'. I think you took my post as being directly towards you since you slipped in with your post right before I said that I wanted to not deal direct with the manufacturer. If that makes sense...

Anyway... thanks again for the list, it is appreciated info

I assume this is directed to fellers no longer carrying tinting stuff. Who is 180 & 380?

180&380 are top 3M wrap materials. Fellers is a wrap supplier and I happen to know some inside numbers. Estimating the ratio of wraps vs window tint jobs it was easy to come to this conclusion. There must be someone moving much more tint product for cheaper. I'm surprised fellers couldn't compete.

KPC

Ok, i didn't catch the 180 bit cause I'm not into wraps. But I do need to figure out who the wholesaler is that fellers couldn't compete with. :wink:

That might the be supplier I'm looking for. anyone want to chime in with ideas of who the large supplier might be?

John L

So does anyone have know of any good suppliers where I can get quality tint & tools.

First, please check the Merchant Member section of Signs101 and you might save yourself a drive, some hassle, and/or some money too.

If that doesn't work out, and I don't know where in PA you are, but you can lookup "Sagr Products" in the Gettysburg/Biglervile, PA area. They have what you need.

btropical.com

44tools.com ask for DICK aUSTIN HE IS OLD SCHOOL KNOW IT All from way back , sorta falling in love with Wintech they have awesome prices ask for Brandon .. Also hit up tintdude.com

vinylbarry

Sun tek and Johnson both well sell direct to you unless theres another dealer in your area we have both of them and there both pretty good but we only use 2ply and we do window tint and commercial tinting also.
Both carry tools.

MikePro

+1 that is the best money can buy!:ROFLMAO:
Why don't you contact the mfg. directly?
i also don't tint windows, lol.
If ever asked if I could tint, I always knew Fellers carried it.
But since they don't, and I just happened to recently be asked by my friend who owns a Pub&Grill to mirror finish-tint the windows of his DJ booth... he had tracked down some from Menards, i put it up for him, and it looks great.

but hell, if you can get supplier/manufacturer direct... go for it! never said its the best money can buy, but it is always available if you need it in a pinch.

klemgraphics

i also don't tint windows, lol.
If ever asked if I could tint, I always knew Fellers carried it.
But since they don't, and I just happened to recently be asked by my friend who owns a Pub&Grill to mirror finish-tint the windows of his DJ booth... he had tracked down some from Menards, i put it up for him, and it looks great.

but hell, if you can get supplier/manufacturer direct... go for it! never said its the best money can buy, but it is always available if you need it in a pinch.
Just giving you a hard time, I used a little bit of that stuff several years ago before I got started tinting. I use Suntek, Global, ASWF, and Express. Express Window Films has some good quality films at reasonable prices and the customer service is second to none. They would probably be a one day ship to you and have all of the tools and everything that you need, as do most other distributors.

Just one thing to note, most film "mfg." are nothing more than laminators, very few actually process their own polyester. For example, Solutia owns the brand Llumar and they make their own poly, ASWF has a fancy laminator and Llumar supplies their poly, Global is a Garware brand and they make their own poly but not in the US.

You will hear a load of BS out there about films and the best thing to do is call and get free samples from everywhere your interested in to see what you like to work with the best and who you can deal with.

Have fun, and be patient, it isn't an easy trade.

MikePro

looking for a recommendation for some window tint... particularly a bronze or amber version. I can only find metallics and black limo tinting.. Is there a supplier that is easy to look into, that carries colored tint?
most websites, that i've dug through, instantly lose me in terminology and lack of product photos, but I'm looking for something in a bronze/amber that does pretty well at reducing glare inside the building, even during direct sunlight exposure. (western-facing windows)
the only direction i've received is that he likes the color of my oakley snowboarding goggles.they don't have to be perfectly transparent, but they definately don't want to block-out the window if possible.
Picture 17.png

I have 10 - 2'x4' windows to tint on a building somehow before this weekend and another dozen or so soon afterwards. I'd outsource, but I'm doing this as a favor and only being paid for materials purchased and labor counts against my running tab at the bar :)

Attachments

• Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 160