• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows Vista to 7 upgrade

rzr2rocket

Hello everyone,

I am writing today to ask all of your opinions about operating systems and the carry over for all design imputs and software programs. I have Windows Vista (YUCK) with a 64 bit computer. I want to upgrade to Windows 7 but I'm afraid that my programs will not be recognized. I bought all of the following in Sept 09. From all of your experiences, do you think there will be any issues during the upgrade on....

FlexiDesigner 8.6 (and loading CD's)
Roland Versacamm VP-300
Vinyl Master Pro V2.95
Graphic CD's (Aurora mainly)
Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4
Intous Wacom tablet 4
and loading CD's for the programs and machines

As you can tell I cant find any concrete evidence on the following products on wheter things will work in the transition and no one will talk on tech support; only email.

Alot of the products do say Xp or Vista for the system requirements, but I keep hearing 7 will run it regardless. I dont know. Can you guys help please? Thank you.

Letterbox Mike

Not sure about everything in your list but I will say for sure CS4 loves Win7 64 bit. THat's the only program on your list that we have, but every other program we've installed on 7 has run flawlessly, significantly better than in any other OS.

ColesCreations

I have installed FlexiSign pro 8 on Win 7 64.

I think most things that work on Vista work better with 7...

Hated Vista, went back to XP on all computers, but like 7.

Only thing I have not been able to run in Win7 is Daemontools.

stickygraphics12

I just bought a new Dell xps 8000 with win 7 professional and got almost everything to work correctly! only flexi 7.6 was giving me problems so I had to go to mocrosofts website and was able to download for FREE the virtual machine & XP. I have had no problems since getting the virtual machine with anything! My computer now flies with loading and running programs and I couldn't be happier with win 7

Keith Rae

Go there you won't regret it

Windows 7 isn't all new, it's what Vista was supposed to be. Every thing Microsoft promised in Vista they finally delivered in Win 7. If you upgrade over Vista, Win 7 will replace the drivers if there included in Win 7 or keep the drivers that your using now. As stated in an earlier post if the drivers or software don't work correctly under Win7, you can run them in compatibility mode by clicking on the program start icon and picking a previous operating system emulation to run under. If you do a clean install the window Vista drivers should work, Win 7 will flash warning that there not certified. Most programs are still 32 bit but Win 7 64bit runs both just fine.
Haven't had a problem with Win 7 64 bit and been running the final beta for a while. Keep in mind every once in a while something goes terribly wrong so back up your files before hand. Had power go out in the middle of an upgrade once what are the chances but things can and do happen.
Good luck, Keep us informed Keith

N2Harpz

This is good news...... I have xp on most computers and vista on my laptop. Every time I boot that laptop up.. I swear I'm going to pitch it in the garbage.
Can't wait to try Win7

abadsvt

Sorry if this is already posted ( i skimmed through the post). You need to upgrade to windows 7 pro to run some XP programs. Its not much more $89 +or-. Not sure if any of your programs need the pro version but it might be a safe bet. I love windows 7 and most of my programs are older and run great!

Josh

rzr2rocket

I did do a little research on Windows 7 and I was looking at the pro edition for that reason. Everything seems to be running fine. For a future FYI to everyone, Windows 7 Pro did give my printer a new IP address and a new submask number. One I obtained that, it took off. Thanks for everyones help and opinions.