• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windowsplashes on Tyvek paper?

Rick Tea

Hello,
I am about to embark on doing windowsplashes on Tyvek paper and then installing them on windows with double sided adhesive strips. I could really use some advice on which types of paint adheres well and any other tricks and tips using this medium. I recently acquired a small shop to do this type of work and could use your advice. Thanks, Rick

Jillbeans

You need to call Pierre Tardif in Quebec City.
For years this was his primary type of business.
He distributed his splashes all over North America.
Just Google his name with the word "Lettrage" in front of it.
He's fun to talk to as well, French is his first language.
Love.....Jill

Si Allen

Jill is correct ... Pierre is The Man!

Just about any water based flouro paints will work on Tyvec.

Craig Sjoquist

Yes correct above.
Not to be negative intent
I tried this method for awhile and had no luck with it customers did not like the wrinkles or the paper look and double sided tape starts to come off after awhile so came back to fix on many

This might work ok for mailing to customers they apply.
water base paint works best ..any brand.
staple to easel paint cut out

I now use a low cost low tack vinyl 3 different brands about to try a 4th

Rick Tea

Thanks very much to all of you. :) I will contact Pierre Tardif and ask for his help. I am hoping it will work here in Montana as the weather has already been very cold with lots of snow. I am used to using alkyd based paints which as you know works well in cold weather but moving to water base and working in the shop instead of outside will be rewarding I think. I will still offer painting directly on glass but in more conducive weather. Thanks again! I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :)