• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Winplot not even attempting to read reg marks.

IvanDD

So i got the winplot plugin for illustrator and it puts the reg marks on the imagine fine. I import the contour paths to winplot and when i click "send to opos cutter" it brings up the usual menu. However, when i click the "send to cutter" button to start the process it immediately kicks back saying "OPOS Markers not found, cutting will be aborted?".

The thing is, its not even attempting to read the marks. It doesnt ask me to set the knife above one of the marks or anything! It just kicks back that error. Summa S160 T Series btw.

Thanks!

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Suggestions

Hi Ivan,

Hopefully I can help out here. Usually when that error message pops up, it would indicate an issue with the plug-in in illustrator. Sometimes in illustrator when the marks are applied illustrator will also put an additional page border outside of the registration marks. If you go into wireframe mode you might be able to see what I am describing. All you should need to do is delete the box prior to sending the file to Winplot, and that should allow you to send the OPOS job. If that doesn’t work, I might suggest uninstalling and installing a new copy of the plug-in.

If either of those two suggestions don’t fix the issue, I would encourage you to contact Summa Technical Support at (800)323-9766, and they should be able to help diagnose the problem.

Hope this information helps, and we can get you back up and cutting soon!

Regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

Bermuda Signs

So i got the winplot plugin for illustrator and it puts the reg marks on the imagine fine. I import the contour paths to winplot and when i click "send to opos cutter" it brings up the usual menu. However, when i click the "send to cutter" button to start the process it immediately kicks back saying "OPOS Markers not found, cutting will be aborted?".

The thing is, its not even attempting to read the marks. It doesnt ask me to set the knife above one of the marks or anything! It just kicks back that error. Summa S160 T Series btw.

Thanks!
I am having the same issue IvanDD!.

It only happens with select files.

2ny

Thanks!
HI.
I am not familiar with the setup you use with illustrator and plugin, but I have experienced this error when I have failed to place opos marks correctly when plotting with our summaplot S140 T series. I use Flexi when i produce, and have made both manually placed opos marks, and automatic via the program. I suggest you take the file that produce the error, and place manually squares outside your printjob with a space of min. 10mm outside your printarea. I have used both 10mm squares and 3mm squares as opos marks. It could be something in the file that confuses winplot and it can not identify the opos marks, so you would have to try different scenarios.
Good luck.

Best regards
Tony

Chimuka

How wide are your marks? I have a summa sign T140 which should handle opos marks at least 53" or 1346mm across the width of the cutter. It seems like marks over 1300 mm do not read, yet if I use Summa Cutter Control and manually set the marks, then use special load setting on the cutter, then use any cutting program, in my case Flexi, it cuts and finds the marks just fine. It may be that after setting the Special Load in Summa Cutter Tools manually you might be able to cut from WinPlot without the opos cutting. Just use send to cutter. I tried this once and it did cut but my offsets were not correct. With some experimenting you can get your offsets correct.