• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper Moving?

omartinjordan

I have a falcon jr and it seems like the wiper moves towards the front of the printer and doesn't hit the head. I have to manually push it all the way back so it will clean the heads to prevent them from dripping ink. Has something come loose to keep it from moving?

CS-SignSupply

I may be wrong but the wiper is part of the pump assembly on this unit ??

Could be something wrong with the pump assembly

MikePro

check the rails that the blade travels on, ink can build up causing an obstruction. another place where the wiper could fail is in the gears of the pulley system operating it, where ink builds up and gums up the works and stops the wiper from functioning properly.

AUTO-FX

I recently had the same problem, and it required a new pump assembly. The gearing was worn out. Fortunately, it's an inexpensive part!

omartinjordan

Thanks. I am sure this needs to be fixed asap I just need to see when we will have some down time to replace it. Do you think it could be fixed by trying to clean it? We have a service manual that show how to remove everything. I wonder if it could be salvaged by cleaning. I bet this happened when the heads clogged and we soaked them with solution. Probably to much solution over flow and created a mess.

AUTO-FX

Well, maybe, but you'll have to take the front panel apart anyway to clean it thoroughly so you may as well just order one and do it. It's simple, less than 100 bucks and shouldnt take you longer than an hour or so. I limped by for awhile with no wiper engagement but you'll want to fix it.