• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wiper noise falcon outdoor 48

32bantum

When my mutoh goes into cleaning mode, the wiper makes a gosh awful racket like its stripped a cog or something. is this a cleaning issue or did it strip a cog?

randya

You are probably going to need to strip it down a bit and take a close look.

Could just be gummed up with ink.

32bantum

Took the printer down last night and found the noise to be coming from the long gear that drives the maintenance station. Can't figure our why its making noise, it is tight at both ends and all the cogs are intact pn the gears with no teeth missing. I put a little lube on it and it got quieter but still not like it should be. Does not seem to affect printing or cleaning just sounds rough. Maybe its got a cold.

randya

Check and clean the sliding mechanism for the wiper, and you might want to add a little lube there as well, but be very careful not to lube anything that might make it to the head.

It is possible that wear is the issue and it may be time for a new maintenance station.

32bantum

Check and clean the sliding mechanism for the wiper, and you might want to add a little lube there as well, but be very careful not to lube anything that might make it to the head.

It is possible that wear is the issue and it may be time for a new maintenance station.
I bought the printer 2nd hand a little over a year ago and based on what I know it has been as long as 3 years since they were replaced. Guys I bought it from gave me the old parts. ( I learned a lot studying those parts) You may be right though.. time for a refurb. CMYK Parts is on my list to buy from.