• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wolf's Lair

deane

Here is a sign that I completed last week. I sculpted the wolf's head using Magic Sculpt. It was the first time I have used the product. When I was approached about the project I thought this would be a good time in trying it out. It was kind of fun to work with. After it had dried, I used a Dremel tool in carving the details. I then painted it using latex paint. Thought I would share this with you.

Attachments

• wolfs head 2.jpg
    wolfs head 2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 82
  • wolfs head 3.jpg
    wolfs head 3.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 97
  • wolfs head final.jpg
    wolfs head final.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 78

jwright350

dang..thats nice work. I wouldn't even know where to start if a customer brought in that request. I hope that was like a $2,500 sign.

deane

Phillip, you need to order you some. I just put in an order for a 20# kit. It's amazing stuff and you can be real creative with it. Just look at all the dimensional stuff that Grandpa Dan does.

Where are you located nowadays?

shakey0818

Looks great.So nice for your first time.If theres any place or books on how to use this stuff please post.It looks like a great way to be creative.ty

deane

Ty, I really don't know of any books on the subject. If you take a look at Grandpa Dan's blog he posts numerous projects that he uses this stuff on. It is a 2 part epoxy that you mix a ratio of 1:1. You have about a 2-3 hour window to work with before it becomes to hard. Even if it does you can still grind or sand the stuff. Like I posted before I used a Dremel tool to carve into it to get the detail. Hope that helps

neato

Michael,

We've been down in Mexico for the last year and a half. Although we're coming back to the area in April for at least a while. We'll be staying in Burlington for a while. I should come up and visit. I'd love to see your shop.

If anyone ever gets the chance to drive through Aledo, Illinois, you'll see Michaels work everywhere. Lots of eye candy. It's a great little historical town and the signs make it worth the trip.

deane

Here is the front view. Phillip it would be great if you could come up for a visit. Just give me a call when you get in the area.

Attachments

• wolfs head front.jpg
    wolfs head front.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 95