• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Won an iPad 2 but...

SqueeGee

I already have one so I was just going to return it to Best Buy(it came with a gift receipt and everything is still all sealed up) and get the newest version when it comes out but...

It was purchased in November which is outside of the return window.

It's a 64GB with wifi and Verizon 3G so it retails for $829 plus sales tax(another $40 here).

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the most value out it or a store that would take it back?

fleabay or craigslist i would think. just check out what the going rate is from others selling simular and stick it on there at a buy it now price.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Gazelle on will give you about .50 on the dollar for what something is worth. Not knocking them - makes it very easy for people and Gazelle has to check what they get out, clean it up, package, and remarket it so they cannot pay retail. But if you want to maximize what you can get you are better off selling something on your own.

SqueeGee

OldPaint

i think ...IF YOU WENT TO BEST BUY and talked to a manager, since it was NEVER OPENED, and still in original sealed packaging.....ill bet he will override that return window you speak of. it nothing else do they sell them at WAL-MART? if they do take it to their return counter..with reciept they will give going price for it, if no reciept they issue you a store credit.

ThinkRight

Why not re-gift it ?
Donate to a school ?
Make a youtube video shooting it ?
The childrens hospital has got to have a kid that needs it.
My daughter would love it.
I will give you 700.00 + shipping

Locals Find!

This is an easy thing. Go to Best Buy hang around the display. Look for someone buying one and offer to sell it to them for less than the store cost. Say $50 less explain situation to them. Someone will take you up on it.

RJ California

I like the idea of paying it forward and giving it to a children's hospital.

iPad 3 is supposedly going to be announced within a month so the value of the 2 is going to go down in people's minds very soon.

stephenj148

ThinkRight said:
Why not re-gift it ?
Donate to a school ?
Make a youtube video shooting it ?
The childrens hospital has got to have a kid that needs it.
My daughter would love it.
I will give you 700.00 + shipping

This is probably your best bet. The 700 I mean