• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Woop Woop ... T-Printz.. PRETTY NICE STUFF

toleson1

We are 100 full color fronts & 25 full color photo backs into it using T-Printz Light we ordered from BigFish and still going. Need a :beer LOL. Will give a full report once we finish. Gives a great transfer for full color photos.

Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• tprint1.jpg
    tprint1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 106
  • tprintz2.jpg
    tprintz2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 101
After doing some brief test prints and applications, I just printed my first roll of T-Print light 24x50 and am now into the second one. We plan to start pressing in bulk tomorrow. The one thing is the material came with no suggested heat temp, time or pressure setting and we couldn't find anything on their website so after some testing we found that 35 seconds at 375 deg. seemed to work fairly well on 100% cotton. Anyone else have any suggestions on what worked for them?

Well it's been a little bit since I check this thread...

Application Instructions.
http://harborsales.net/Portals/0/docs/Sihl3197TPRINTZ_instructions.pdf

I didn't realise there was a seperate material for color / dark shirts..

I pressed a few black shirts the other day.. I wasn't too impressesed.. the color really dulled BAD..

The ORIGINAL first shirt I did was white, I did this as a test to see how the material held up. The shirt has now been thru about 30 washes and still looks amazing...

Also its pretty strechy stuff too.. I also did a test with a scripy thin font to see how it held up.. LOOKS GOOD..

The Washing holds up well..

BUT this stuff looks HORRIBLE on Black or dark shirts.... I only reccommend this if you are doing white shirts.

I contact my distrubutor.. thinking I maybe got roll that was only for white garments.. The informed me what I had was for the black colored garment..

I WASN'T IMPRESSED on the Dark Fabric... I'm going to be going back to the CPS material.. :(

Williams Signs

I have been doing these type of shirts for 2 or 3 years now. I will tell you do not put them in the dryer unless you use the cold setting. I have not used this particular brand but have used two or three others with the same result. If it is dried using the heat setting the transfers will start coming off. My wife washes them inside out and then hangs them up or uses the cold setting on the dryer. This is what I tell my customers to do. The one's who listen are happy the people that don't hate them.

GB2

Old Member
I WASN'T IMPRESSED on the Dark Fabric... I'm going to be going back to the CPS material.. :(

Don't do that....Give Mike Koval (Merchant member here) a call at Imprintables Warehouse and try some of their product. I had been using CPS2160 myself for a long time but recently I've switched over to Quickprint from Imprintables. It has a lighter feel, is opaque and goes on any fabric or color, is easier to weed, is less expensive and is less glossy than CPS2160. They have quite a variety of other materials to chose from too. Definately try it out!

sghobbies

I've yet to find a suitable media for dark shirts. I think I have tried most on the market. Seems like theyy all crack, Peel off or just look like garbage. I have however found an awesome product for light shirts( most people think that it is screen printed or dtg) I won't mention the vendor here because they are not a MM. But if anyone is interested, just PM me. Still looking for the perfect solvent media for darks though.

Mosh

Like having a piece of plastic stuck to a shirt! Not as good as direct printing anyway you spin it! That is what seperates us shirt printers from the guy with a heat press and some "iron on" film! No way to defend that so don't waste the keystrokes!

sghobbies

I'm not trying to compare screen printing to heat pressing. We sub out all of our big shirt orders, we mainly use our heat press for short runs. Although we still want to sell a quality product.

sghobbies

No arguments here. I have noticed a lot of my sons shirts, which have been mass produced and sold in department stores have a heat seal/press products on them. Especially his cartoon character shirts.

Mosh

A Vette on blocks in your back yard is still worth more than a new Camero......
Direct printing is better than iron-on....guess what floats your boat.

sghobbies

I'm not defending transfers, just thought I would share my experience about the "retail store" bought shirts. Until recently, I have never noticed them done that way.

shadi75

owner
Hi

Have you guys tried the siser colorprint classic for black t-shirts, i did few black t-shirts with them last summer, they were pretty good, but i havent washed the shirts 40 times yet, but it says on brochure factory tested 21 washes and still provide vivid colors test 21 washes not sure how many washes its good for.

the colors looked good on them thou and the material stuck to the shirts very nicely.

My friend prints with dtg printers and he cant do black shirts not sure if he is bad at it or what he does hoodies shirts light colors and whites really good thou. but for black t-shirts they don't come out good.