• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

word .docx to Corel

ocean502

Hi
I have a customer that emailed a layout for a brochure created in Microsoft Word. I am having trouble importing, copying, etc..into Corel. I downloaded a doc converter that is not working. I am usually never able to import a pdf into Core. When I save as a jpeg in Word, it comes over pixilated. I have to adjust the background for the bleed of the brochure. Any advice??
Susie

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
This may or may not be of any help to you but...

DOCX is really a zip file. If you need to get any graphics out of a DOCX file, simply rename the file to have a .ZIP extension instead of a .DOCX extension, then open the file in WinZip or WinRar or whatever and you will find folders to explore -- all of the images that have been imported into the document can be found here in their original formats (i.e. JPG, PNG, SVG, etc.)

thewood

This may or may not be of any help to you but...

DOCX is really a zip file. If you need to get any graphics out of a DOCX file, simply rename the file to have a .ZIP extension instead of a .DOCX extension, then open the file in WinZip or WinRar or whatever and you will find folders to explore -- all of the images that have been imported into the document can be found here in their original formats (i.e. JPG, PNG, SVG, etc.)

This is a great tip that I picked up here on Signs 101.
You may also be able to export the .DOCX file as a pdf via PrimoPDF or similar program.