• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Workbench/table

biznitch

I'm slowly getting set up with everything I need and upgrading as I go, the table I am working on right now sucks... just looking for suggestions on material for the top of the table, I will be doing some cutting on the table and I also use a big squeegee, I found some 3/4" thick particle board with some kind of laminate on top, how big are the cutting matts available?
should I have 2 tables... one for cutting and the other one for masking and working, since I don't really want to mark up the top of the table that I will use to mask

what sort of set up do you guys use?

thanks

....hopefully one day I'll be able to give someone else as much advice as I am getting here

Dany

sarge

My main cutting table is 4 x 10 foot .. i used 2 3/4 particqal board for the base .. then i got a sheet of cutting board (it is that white stuff) it is 4 x 10 foot as well .. then i bought a 4 x 8 foot cutting mat from signwarehouse i think .. i also have 4 self healing mats i just cant remember where i got it .. but they are 2 x 3 foot .. i am thinking i got them from a quilting store that was going tu .. anyway that is my main table .. my other table is just a sheet of 1 inch mdl .. i bought those ruler deals that you tape on .. but the are a waste of money .. i use rulers or a measuring tape

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I got by with one table. I used a rotary cutter to cut everything so the table did not get cuts in it. I never used a self healing mat.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Your masking table should be a smooth surface without any cut marks and separate from your cutting table to help avoid getting small bubbles or imperfections in your decals after installation. I use one table with a self healing mat for both cutting and masking but I also have a Sheeter installed on one end. The Sheeter doesn't require a smooth table surface because it applies the application tape with rollers.

jasonx

I've got a 10mm toughened glass sheet on my table. It's marked but doesn't groove so the blade can't get caught in the grooves.

Sticker Dude

Right now I have a 2 x 8 playwood Table with 10mm (as well) Glass for Weeding and Cutting , Then I have a 4 x 8 plywood table with 10mm Glass for taping and banner installs. I am moving here shortly and making the Garage my shop so it might Change

petepaz

we have 6ft x 8ft main table, laminator at the end and ez cut on the side
also a 2..5ft x 16ft counter for our gerber edge both with shelves underneath
could use another big table
both are made from plywood and we glued formica(or something close)
to the tops and sides
working good so far
also use a 3ft x 6ft folding table when needed

mamos

8 x 4 laminated glass top bench

We got the glass for free because it is cracked on the other side but it does not effect to top surface at all

mamos

animenick65

8 x 4 laminated glass top bench

We got the glass for free because it is cracked on the other side but it does not effect to top surface at all

mamos

A lot of people have this now. Are there any downsides to this at all? Seems counter intuitive but hey, it seems like it's working for everyone.