• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

World Cup Logo

Artisan Signman

Hello
Any one know where to find Soccer World cup logos?.
There are 3 styles and not sure what one to use.

Sorry I don't watch sports
I want a single colpr for vinyl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't your customer know better which one he/she wants ??

What if we'd guess wrong ??​

pinkiss

i guess i might get batting for this but will ask since no clue in the field, say OP has customers that wants t shirt with that logo leaving aside russia 2018, and if he pulls if off in single color the shape is really nothing new, as long as he doesnt claim its his own design and doesnt go wholesale wheres the damage ?

ex: i own mazda, so made myself mazda 3 logo on doors ,made few for friends that own bmw's audi's, but could easily type into google search and it will pull up 100s of sites that do em, and guarantee none of em have any relations or business contracts with actual dealerships nor companies to use it, in other words where is the line drawn, as ive taken some designs of net , would trace them myself and usually make modifications - always room to improve on many and make em look better be it colors shapes or shading/style.

I get general idea of knock off's say you decide to use logo of a brand on item to push it as real deal, but what about individual designs you take one and improve it and use for personal use, i guess theres some way to find sometimes original creator but many times you get 100s simillar so might as well end up paying for nothing to someone.I know USA might be more strict but speaking globally how does one break law if design is close enough but isnt actually original, you can go buy mona lisa copy online and you still end up with close enough copy and who will nail you for that.

Since my personal experience is if its not your made design theres 0 proud to be off, but dont see harm if someone puts it on t shirt as it will be like one between millions if were talking huge brands or logos.

fresh

i did a quick skim of the brand guidelines... and what I found HYSTERICAL is the way they are displaying their sponsors logos on page 7 does not conform with the sponsor's brand identity guidelines. its really funny to me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
i guess i might get batting for this but will ask since no clue in the field, say OP has customers that wants t shirt with that logo leaving aside russia 2018, and if he pulls if off in single color the shape is really nothing new, as long as he doesnt claim its his own design and doesnt go wholesale wheres the damage ?

ex: i own mazda, so made myself mazda 3 logo on doors ,made few for friends that own bmw's audi's, but could easily type into google search and it will pull up 100s of sites that do em, and guarantee none of em have any relations or business contracts with actual dealerships nor companies to use it, in other words where is the line drawn, as ive taken some designs of net , would trace them myself and usually make modifications - always room to improve on many and make em look better be it colors shapes or shading/style.

I get general idea of knock off's say you decide to use logo of a brand on item to push it as real deal, but what about individual designs you take one and improve it and use for personal use, i guess theres some way to find sometimes original creator but many times you get 100s simillar so might as well end up paying for nothing to someone.I know USA might be more strict but speaking globally how does one break law if design is close enough but isnt actually original, you can go buy mona lisa copy online and you still end up with close enough copy and who will nail you for that.

Since my personal experience is if its not your made design theres 0 proud to be off, but dont see harm if someone puts it on t shirt as it will be like one between millions if were talking huge brands or logos.

Not really sure what you are asking or what you are implicating, but NO, you cannot duplicate someone's logo and modify it to improve it..... even if you give it away. Who's ever logo you are modifying, copying or giving away is for them to do, not you.

Do people do it ?? You bet they do. That's why the rules have gotten more strict..... as people disobey the laws and just make up their own situations and defend doing something wrong.

shoresigns

Good luck with your counterfeiting business, bro. You might want to stick to making Mona Lisa t-shirts, since Da Vinci lost his copyright protection some time ago.

pinkiss

ive no interest in other logos i just go with the trends, in OPs case i dont see an issue if someone wants worldcup logo done for them, if he was selling/passing it to stores/people mass production as original brand that's whole different story.and as mentioned ive done some designs for cars that people own to customize the look with the functions like m sport etc, again not an issue for me as customer knows hes getting design not smth that car manufacturers would do either-way on tuned cars.