• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Contract, Agreement, Paint Damage Clause and Maintenance Agreement document?

OzarkDigital

Would anyone care to share their existing Client Wrap Agreement with me?

We have a half-azzed agreement that we're worried doesn't do a good job of covering paint damage exclusions (install and removal damage), warranty, maintenance/washing cautions, etc.

Would greatly appreciate you sharing yours! Feel free to privately message me! Thanks! Dennis

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Why can't you just walk the vehicle and have a rational conversation and set reasonable expectations? A stupid agreement isn't going to do anything.

Fbermudez

Why can't you just walk the vehicle and have a rational conversation and set reasonable expectations? A stupid agreement isn't going to do
With most clients it usually is but there is always that one client so you have to watch your back.
I did my first full wrap a week after I took the arlon course so it took me longer than expected and the guy wanted a discount for keeping the van an extra day, because first I told him to wash it and he didn't and he didn't want to pay extra for washing the van and other little things.

Notarealsignguy

So how is a disclaimer gonna fix that? Are you gonna point an irrational person to it and expect them to say OK? These are the types that you get when you first start out unfortunately and nothing will fix it other than weeding them out on the front side.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I think it's a good idea to at least take good pictures of the entire car. There could be something you and the customer miss. The customer might see it later and question if the damage occurred at your sign shop. They may asking in a perfectly reasonable manner and it's nice to be able to prove it was already there.

Getting it in writing is extra security. I don't know how many times I've told a customer something that they later claimed to have never been told. It's great when you have it in an email you can forward back to them and say, see we talked about it on February 9th.

Sometimes those scenarios are played out by customers trying to run some sort of grift. But there are also several times when there are perfectly reasonable situations where the customer is questioning something and just needs proof to set them at ease. I also think these kind of walk arounds can be good for the sign shop as much as for the customer. Helps to verify everything is as it should be.

Notarealsignguy

I get people wanting all of this stuff in writing but let's be honest here. How long does all of this paperwork and back and forth crap take? I swear that it's cheaper to give away a job or two a year to those special pricks that you stumble upon than it is to dot all of your I's and cross all of your t's with every person that walks in the door. I think a lot of people also oversell themselves and that gets them in trouble. Don't do that.

Z SIGNS

I'm not an expert wrap guy but.
Wait what! Wrap agreement?
Oh Ok here is mine.
I am putting a sticker on your truck. I am using the best materials and installation techniques known to mankind.
The above is the only thing we promise.
What ever happens after we install is in the hands of god that we shall be held harmless from.

Terms and Conditions:

General Disclaimer​

All products are warranted by the respective product's manufacturer. Copies of such warranties are available upon written request.

Installations​

You, the customer, agree to provide the vehicle(s) prior to installation conforming to the outline preparation guides provided by {{company name}}. If it is necessary for {{company name}} or it's contracted installers to wash or prep vehicles prior to installation, additional charges may apply.
Vinyl Graphics for vehicles are designed to be viewed from 6 ft. or more. Wraps viewed from a lesser distance may have minor imperfections. Small imperfections such as bubbles, cuts, dust spots, and tears less than 1/2 inch are normal and may occur over the life of the vinyl graphic. Seams and areas of overlaps are a natural occurrence with vehicle vinyl graphics, however, {{company name}} will work to eliminate them or minimize seams and overlaps as much as possible.
Because a two-dimensional print is being applied to a three-dimensional vehicle, and due to minor variances in the accuracy of the templates, the positioning of a vehicle wrap can vary from the proof. This is normal and wraps need to be designed with this in mind. If an artwork proof is provided, it is provided for visual purposes only and is used to give clients a general perspective of the graphic concept.
The wrapping material that is used for vehicle wraps, does not stick very well to plastic or rubber parts such as window trims, side plastic moldings and plastic door handles. It is advised that these areas NOT be wrapped with adhesive vinyl. Initially, the vinyl will stick, but over a short period of time such as a few months, the vinyl will fall off these areas.
During the application of the vehicle wrap, {{company name}} installers may need to remove exterior trim and emblems.
You, the customer acknowledges that you have been informed that the removal of vinyl wraps will occasionally cause the flaking or damage of paint on older, rusted, damaged, or repainted (non-factory) or fiberglass vehicle bodies.​

Off-Site Installations​

If an installer contracted by {{company name}} is coming to you, the customer's location, you, the customer agrees to provide a clean space of sufficient size that is temperature-controlled, heated and air-conditioned with adequate lighting.

You, the customer agrees to pay $120.00 USD charge plus actual travel expenses if you do not present your vehicle(s) for installation at the scheduled location, on the scheduled date and time or if cancelled less than 24 hours before said scheduled date and time.​

Third-Party Installations​

{{company name}} does not warranty, accept responsibility or any liability for graphic failure resulting from improper installation methods, when graphics are installed by an application that is not contracted directly by {{company name}}. You, the customer agrees to hold {{company name}} harmless for any damages resulting from vinyl wrap installations performed by someone other than {{company name}} or its contractors.
Any referral or recommendation of an application company offered by any {{company name}} representative does not constitute any responsibility or liability on the part of {{company name}}.​