• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a golf cart with regular wrap vinyl?

SignPros

I've got the wrap vinyl, IJ180, but it's not really 'rated' for plastic. We don't do any graphics for ATVs or motorcycles, so I don't have any of the hi-tac super-agressive yet conformable material, and I'd really rather not order a full roll of it just for this one job (it's an existing customer that just bought a cart). Can regular wrap vinyl be used on a plastic golf cart body? If not, does anybody print the material to use that could take my artwork and print it and send it to me?

fastmax

good luck

test out the material on the cart , if it lasts a few days go for it. Another solution if the wrap is meant to be permanent is to use seal-it pens and primer on the edges

myront

CorelDRAW is best
IJ180 worked good for these

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Golf Cart.jpg
    Golf Cart.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,965
  • golf cart graphics.jpg
    golf cart graphics.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,160

papabud

Lone Wolf
I do use the IJ180-10 for almost all wraps i do. I haven't had any real issues with it yet. A few things i can not get it to stick good to, but that's mostly rubber or foam products.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
We did some golf carts with IJ180 over 5 years ago for a police department and they are still in great shape (considering the abuse they take). Most golf carts are painted plastic and not low energy plastic so the high tack ATV/MX vinyl is not really required.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
... does anybody print the material to use that could take my artwork and print it and send it to me?

Tough to do without a lot of on hand measurements. Not something we usually tackle but we could print it with no guarantee it would fit. Any reprints would be an added cost. As would any color inconsistencies.

What file format? Have you already factored in a lot of excess?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Done with IJ180 V3

Attachments

• 69834_445616146375_3161986_n.jpg
    69834_445616146375_3161986_n.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 258