• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a Silver Vehicle

heyskull

I have a customer who has a fleet of vehicles that will require a half wrap on his silver vehicles.
The colours fade from Blue to the silver of the vehicle half way along.
My thoughts were to print this onto clear wrap and laminating it and applying to give the effect that this fades from the original silver.
The issue is I have dabbled with this before but this needs to be real eye cathing this time.
Due to my Mutoh Valuejet not printing metalics or whites the colours will be CMYK only.
Can I get a air flow 3M clear wrap material which is suitable for the job and what precautions, etc. do I have to adhere to when applying?

Cheers
SC

jfiscus

Rap Master
Have your 3M wrap send you a sample roll of the 180mc Clear. Or, the 3M 180mc Silver to see if it would be close to the vehicle's silver.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Be aware that your colors will shift and be muted when printed on clear and applied to ANY color vehicle that isn't white. So that blue you print will look much different once applied to the silver.

Alysson

3M IJ180-114 is what we use. It is not optically clear but as long as you aren't putting it on a white vehicle you won't notice the slight color variant.