• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a waterslide????

stickamain

We have a client that is interested in wrapping a waterslide. Basically a 30" diameter tube that's 165' long. It's not straight line type water slide (that would be to easy) it's the one of those that spirals. The good news is that it's not put together yet and we can do it piece by piece. Not sure what it's made of (besides plastic).
I guess my questions are...
Does ANYONE have any experience with something of this nature?
What type of vinyl should we use?
Is this even possible?

Drip Dry

If it's plastic, it's probably low energy plastic like a football helmet. Regular vinyl won't stick. I'm not sure if wrapping film will. Convex vinyl is made for it. Maybe one of the motorcross guys can guide you to what they use.
I definitely would test it first before committing

stickamain

Pretty sure it's not fiberglass. We are going to try a test piece first, to make sure it will stick. I believe they want some kind of pattern going all the way down it. That should be a great learning experience for lining things up.
Just the beginning phase so I still have many unanswered questions. Thought I would look here for advice on questions I don't know about yet.

MrSalumi

I bet its HDPE or UHMW. Definitely test. Convex will be your friend when installing but not when buying it :)

player

The slide mfg. will tell you what plastic.

Be sure to check on the expected life of Convex.

Orical makes a long life material for low energy plastics.

TDFcustomSL

check out substance incorporated. I prefer their vinyl over convex brand. just ask for a sample. Ive talked to both Matt and Dan. Both have been extremely helpful.