• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping Elevator Interior Walls

Pretz27

So i am going to be doing a floor to ceiling wrap on the inside of the elevator (photo below) with a matte laminate. It is not a local job so I would prefer to not run into any edge curl or issues that I would have to travel back to fix. With this flat faux wood paneling would a high end calendared film do the trick with no edge curl or lift? Any product recommendations? I was considering GF automark, Arlon 4600LX, Avery 2105 EZRS. Printing on a Versacamm VP540i.

attachment.php

Attachments

• download_20160217_130856.jpg
    download_20160217_130856.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 714

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If your going to use a Calendared vinyl like the options you listed then I would definitely recommend using edge seal to help against possible edge curl. You should ideally use a cast vinyl if you don't want any shrinkage though. Or using the 3M 8508 Cast laminate over the top of your calendared could help also.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Might be overkill but if avoiding a return trip is the goal maybe using 3M 40C with 8519 lam might be the way to go.

grafixemporium

Might be overkill but if avoiding a return trip is the goal maybe using 3M 40C with 8519 lam might be the way to go.

40c is a calendared film, correct? 8519 is a cast lam, correct? I would rethink that recommendation.

If you want to avoid problems, you should do an adhesion test with your preferred materials when you go survey/measure the job. Especially on unique, uncommon surfaces like the walls of that elevator.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'd also only cast for this. Particularly since people like to pick at decals and stickers and they will have a very private nice little space to pick at any edge that starts to come up.... We have done elevators both interior work and wrapping the outside doors. The graphics installed on the interior never last due to that "privacy" people have inside to pick at it.

2B

I'd also only cast for this. Particularly since people like to pick at decals and stickers and they will have a very private nice little space to pick at any edge that starts to come up.... We have done elevators both interior work and wrapping the outside doors. The graphics installed on the interior never last due to that "privacy" people have inside to pick at it.

This, with the known factor that people will pick at an edge and pick at a seam, what about a High Tack material? Arlon 8000, granted removal will be a total PITA!!!!

Pretz27

I considered Arlon 8000 but this is going into a hospital who is going through a remodel in their lobby. They will undoubtedly want to update this in a year or two so I decided against something that would be a pain to remove. I decided upon using Avery 1005 EZ RS with the 1080 matte overlaminate.