• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping Plastic

tylercrum

Hey folks! I'm not really new to the forum, but this is my first post (I think...). I mostly graze and soak up as much info as I can from you guys on this forum, and I appreciate it very much. This forum has saved our bacon more than a few times!
We've got a potential job in right now to wrap some chillers for aquariums (the big kind like on that new show Tanked). I'm wondering what material all you folks would recommend using for wrapping plastics. It's a smooth plastic, no texture or anything funky. There's a couple deep recessed areas, but we've already discussed with the customer and they really don't care either way, we can do those areas in multiple pieces with seams, or we can just cut around those areas. That in mind, what material would you suggest for something like that? thanks!!

MikePro

Talk to your supplier and they'll give you the best options available.
I've wrapped hardhats with IJ180Cv3 but I'd go with Orajet 3951 if it seems like the plastic might be hard to stick to.

tylercrum

Yeah, sorry I should have mentioned this. We had a little of the Oracal 970 left over from a job so we've been messing with that just to see if it would stick. We can get the vinyl down, but it won't stay on, it almost just slides right off...