• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping Question - Self Sticking!

mameighan

Generally, I have done mostly decals and some window signage but have uses thicker vinyl than the 2mil recommended for wrapping.

My question is this. I have watched lots of videos on wrapping and it is done in large pieces and the installers are moving it around pretty easily. What are the tricks or how do you stop the piece from sticking to itself or falling back on itself and ruining the piece?

MikePro

handle it like you would a paper towel, that's dripping-wet.

and then if it folds over on itself, take the time to peel it apart.... with a good portion of the graphic already adhered to your surface, as to give you the ability to only hold-on to a portion of the graphic while working out the "flop". good wrapping vinyl won't completely bond to itself right away, and will still adhere to a surface when pulled-apart from itself. any wrinkles as a result of folding/stretching, will come out with a bit of heat (especially if heated prior to application)

mameighan

Thanks - I was what I was hoping to hear that it wouldn't just immediately stick to itself. Seems like it has quite a bit of pliability especially with added heat