• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrong Head Installed

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hello Tech,

Sigh...I still have not solve my VP-540 problem with the error Wrong Head Installed. I am try to save money by using my FJ-540 water based print head install into my VP-540 but failed. The water based print head have 33 characters and I know Roland print head uses 19 characters so this is what I input into my VP-540, tell me if there is another way to do it bcos its not your normal question (see attachment), Thanks

This is what I keyed in service mode, and it will worked on service mode but not user mode

83V4A54

PVYS2ZU

W ......

101..D

I did tried keyed in exactly all the 33 characters on the label but still said wrong head installed.

Thanks for reply

Attachments

• Water Based Print head.jpg
    Water Based Print head.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 272

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Concerning the head rank, when you get to the dots, you can change them to numbers and characters. This may allow you to use the head. However, how well the head prints is unknown. You will also need to change the manifold to a solvent manifold and be sure to clear any water based ink out of the head with a syringe and air. As has been posted elsewhere, Epson heads are sometimes coded to certain printer models, but that is typically heads that come out of Epson branded printers. Good luck!

Ultraman

Ultraman
Concerning the head rank, when you get to the dots, you can change them to numbers and characters. This may allow you to use the head. However, how well the head prints is unknown. You will also need to change the manifold to a solvent manifold and be sure to clear any water based ink out of the head with a syringe and air. As has been posted elsewhere, Epson heads are sometimes coded to certain printer models, but that is typically heads that come out of Epson branded printers. Good luck!

Hi! Jim,

Thanks for reply. Yeah! I was excited that it allowed me to changed the rank# in service mode and I did changed into 19 and 33 characters but either way failed and someone told me that Epson print head looked the same but wired different on some printers, I am going to rest my case after trying few weeks. Nice chatting to you again and stay save...no beer lol