• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrongly convicted...

Replicator

Good for him, he seems like a real genuine and likable guy who deserves to be FREE

and thank goodness for those great folks that are part of the Innocence Project for helping him and others like him.

Reminds me of one of my favorite movies : The Hurricane (Denzel Washington)

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I think they should be compensated to the tune of one million tax free dollars for every year wrongly spent behind bars. I think Texas is leading the nation in exonerations. It's sort of telling of the mentality of prosecutors zealously convicting mostly minorities. But of course, Texas is the state that didn't let their freed slaves go until 2 years after they were emancipated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow........

I'm not sure how this could turn political, but it sure is great to see an innocent man turned free after so many years of wrongful prison. It's also good he has a great outlook on life and doesn't harbor any resentment with a feeling of having to take out his lost years on others.

I would like to see others given this chance.

Now, the $64,000 dollar question.......who really did it ??

Pat Whatley

35 years ripped right out of the heart of a lifetime, the time you're most productive, most physically able to enjoy life, build a family, and just live.

Makes me wonder if the victim who identified him was "coached" into it and if he was if he's lived with that in the back of his mind all these years.

TheSnowman

It's in Florida down there w/ OP. I bet it's Bush's fault!

Joking aside...that's great news...but a horrible situation. Sounds like he's got a great mom, and I'm sure he'll love starting over.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Reading the story I was struck by how calm this guy is... I would be one pissed-off wench and I'm not sure I could be as forgiving as this guy is.

I believe that any crime in which there was DNA evidence at the time, should be subject to review. This guys case is even more heart-wrenching because the pathologist that testified against him was found to be an out-and-out liar and all of his cases were supposed to be reviewed. But no one bothered to review this guy's case or even tell him that his conviction may be subject to review for quite a while. Just sad all the way around...