• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTB: EFI Fiery Color Profiler Suite 2.2

Hi,

I bought a new-old-stock ES-1000 to do color measurements and discovered too late that the dongle was licensed for the Fiery Color Profiler Suite 2.2 but the software sent by the vendor was version 3.1. If anyone out there has a legit 2.2 disk I'd like to buy it or trade for the 3.1 (if that would work for you.) EFI is happy to sell a new license for something like $2,500 so naturally I declined.

John

netsol

Premium Subscriber
john

the license is stored in the i1 profiler

you download the software and the device is a dongle

if the people you bought from had a. license, it will show when as licensed when you load the software

netsol

Premium Subscriber
let me check, a good friend is still a consultant for xrite

not sure how that works when they oem it

we. have about 6 of these devices, i can check what software disks we have

Thanks for looking netsol. Right, my dongle is licensed for 2.2 so any 2.2 software disk will work. Later versions recognize the license is there on the desktop but all the useful options are grayed out. EFI doesn't have 2.2 on line to download any more, just the newer versions.

Attila Nagy

Thanks for looking netsol. Right, my dongle is licensed for 2.2 so any 2.2 software disk will work. Later versions recognize the license is there on the desktop but all the useful options are grayed out. EFI doesn't have 2.2 on line to download any more, just the newer versions.
I think you can download it from Xerox.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
suggestion that has worked with other companies

try to register as current owner of the device, (you are). roland and several other manufacturers allow you to do this. roland encourages it. contact them and then request "media replacement" of a damaged disk

it is normally a matter of the software agreement between efi & graybar macbeth/xrite
once you are registered owner they may be able to provide you a download link, or a replacement disk for a nominal fee. you can also offer to provide an "affidavit of destruction" (a requirement buried deep in many software agreements) allowing them to distribute a replacement

Interestingly, installing the SW and starting it up with the dongle installed coughed up a 'license error' or some such announcement and a report that it couldn't find the dongle (I was now 'seeing red'). Checking the system devices showed the ES-1000 was happily installed. At this point I was ready to throw in the towel but inspiration struck. I exited CPS, plugged the dongle in another USB port and Windows began it's installation process. After that when I started CPS it found the dongle on its own and I was able to measure a few items to confirm the spectrometer was really working!

Thank you all for taking the time to consider my problem and lend a helping hand. :D