• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF FLEXI?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So Auto-serialize suddenly doesn't work anymore and crashes the whole program. This is a VERY important tool in Flexi that I use to save time punching in numbers for sequential tags and signs. Anyone else have issues too? I'm beyond irritated right now.

rjssigns

No issues to date. We're running v12 Pro. Might be some Windows update induced weirdness with Excel. Do you have any pre-crash tab delimited files you could test?

WildWestDesigns

Might be some Windows update induced weirdness with Excel.
Anytime something that all of a sudden happens, my first go to is either this or within the program in question (the joys of rolling release OS and/or programs nowadays). Then see if anything got wonky within the file system. Got corrupted etc. Testing known good with new versions (as was mentioned) is also worth doing.

DPD

So Auto-serialize suddenly doesn't work anymore and crashes the whole program. This is a VERY important tool in Flexi that I use to save time punching in numbers for sequential tags and signs. Anyone else have issues too? I'm beyond irritated right now.
Flexi is flaky. It's kind of like it corrupts its own memory. Call support and they'll tell you to clear preferences do that and then you lose all your production manager profiles. I just had a problem where there was green tint on the illustration someone sent to me. It showed nowhere but in Flexi. OK, fine. I'll just make believe I don't see it. I restart my computer the next day and wham!!! No tint. Weirdest program (except for Windows) that I've ever worked with.