• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF Just Happened? All E-mails dis-appeared

zmatalucci

Outlook Express started acting funny, then it completely froze. I shut it down and restarted it, now all e-mails are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biznitch

try, file - import - messages, and just sellect your "identity" I'm pretty sure I've done it like that before

Techman

this is another example of why so many are refusing to use outlook in any form...

This is why so many are finding other email clients more effective and reliable.

omgsideburns

all my email addresses forward to gmail, except for one.

i use outlook express with it and haven't had a problem. i've used oe for years without issue.

try what biznitch said.

choucove

The problem with most email accounts set up with Outlook is that they are POP3 mail accounts. This means that when you receive an email it is downloading it directly to your computer and then it is removed from your email provider's mail server. Those emails are stored in a single file in a rather odd location. So when something gets changed in Outlook or somehow that file gets corrupt, all of your emails and information are gone forever.

IMAP email addresses function differently. With these forms of email, the original message is still kept on the mail server and your email clients are "synchronized" to the mail server. This also means that if you view your mail from several different computers, they all will view the same mail instead of one email ending up on one computer but then not being available on another computer to you as is the case with POP3

biznitch

you can set up outlook to leave copies of your emails on the server, thats what I do, I get all my emails on my blackberry and my home computer, and I still have access to all of them through my isp's webmail service