• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X3 Crashing

Joseph Dunkle

When I am working in X3 the artwork will just disappear. If I switch to wireframe still nothing. So I have been trying to figure it out. If it happens I can save it close that window and open the file again and it is there. Just really annoying

OldPaint

iy aint corel...what are running X3 on? it is memory hog, need 512 or better ram, video card should be 64 meg or better
need at least 1.5-2 gig processor.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
When I am working in X3 the artwork will just disappear. If I switch to wireframe still nothing. So I have been trying to figure it out. If it happens I can save it close that window and open the file again and it is there. Just really annoying

I think OP is heading you in the right direction.
When the stuff disappears off the screen can you still see and select it from the "Object Manager" tab in the dockers window?
Try F4 or Shift+F2 to frame the objects up in the view in case it is just a zoom-panning problem.
If the objects are there but you can't see them it sounds like it might be a display card issue.
Updating the video card's drivers might help - get the latest certified versions if you can (if you are on a laptop - goodluck).

wayne k
guam usa

Joe, I had that happen to me after installing X3 on a new computer. It ended up being the antivirus software (Norton) that was causing the problem. I uninstalled Norton & put AVG on instead & have not had any problems since. Disable your antivirus software & see if this helps. Hope you get it figured out.
Kenna

TheMattMan

If its a memory problem you can go into your corel settings also and allow corel access to more memory. I set mine to 50% so it has a gig.

Bobo

disapearing act

I have the same problem with x3 disappearing. I run vista 2 gig memory on new hp laptop. I did not have Norton loaded. I installed all updates. Hope some one figures it out. I loaded X3 on old laptop with XP and it works fine, no problems and it has only a 1/2 meg of memory

signage

Bobo contact Corel and let them know! I have been talking to them for about a month and they are telling me it is not a known problem! They need more people to let them know so they will look into it more aggressively!

511graphix

this happens to me with coral draw 9 with my laptop. when this would happen I would save what I was doing and close the file and then re open it.....but this stopped when I started using a mouse..... who nows

my laptop is a E1705 Dell 2005 model

woolly

not just a x3 problem, it used to happen on this laptop with v10 even with extra memory.
but it hasn't happened since i turned the video to highest setting.

so your guess as good as mine.

woolly