• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xanté launches super fast inkjet

artbot

looks like a no nonsense industrial machine! the guts of the machine can be seen in the second half of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImC9gnuwBc

it seems with this arrangement, and adjustable platen height would be a really simple addition. after reading up on the printer, they seem to be struggling with pigmented and solvent ink. i think they should just slow it down and make bigger dots. no one needs an 1800dpi cardboard box.

awesome link! thanks!

jasonx

Anyone hearing any pricing? I've heard $80K. If that's true, it's "THE BOMB" and I don't mean that in a good way...

That could be possible. The memjet technology used in the roll to roll machine for label applications is under the 20k mark. So in this instance your just talking about the media handling, wider hardware chasis and software to match.

It will depend on the inkset used and longevity of inks if its only going to be suitable for short run POP campaigns etc or longer term signage applications.

I've seen the rapid label printer work with memjet and its FAST.