• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC 540 Connectivity issue, need help

Splattgraphics

As of last friday, my XC540 is not getting data from the PC. Versaworks shows a 'not connected' status. We have redone the IP address procedure a bunch of times, put a brand new cable in place and blown off the main board and connection terminals with a little contact cleaner and air, all to no avail. Ever faced this? Penny for your thoughts?

Cosmin

Try to heat the network area inside the printer. Use max 60 celsius degree. If it work is electronic issue.

Splattgraphics

do you know how to verify that neither ip address (pc or printer) has changed
We compared the two numbers, both on the machine and in the VW printer setup window, to make sure they are the same several times, and tried new numbers too, all to no effect so far.

Last edited:

Splattgraphics

Try to heat the network area inside the printer. Use max 60 celsius degree. If it work is electronic issue.
What would you describe as the network area? probably the little silver box on the board where the cable attaches? I I could warm that up with a heat gun a bit. Suppose that works and indicates the electronic issue, who if anyone can repair that kind of thing, or do I just buy a new main board?

Cosmin

You must change all electrolitic capacitor on mainboard. The aging of capacitors add noise and this is big problem.

Last edited:

walton611

had this same problem with my xc540, I'm running flexi, and the tech from their company was able to fit it. he uninstalled the printer from flexi, had me turn the printer off, unplug both cables. After a few minutes turned the printer back on, he reconnected the printer and everything has been good.

Splattgraphics

We re-installed VW 2.0, and it wont open for us, it puts up a message saying dongle not attached or printer settings invalid. We never needed a dongle and the printer settings are what they were all along; (i assume it means IP address) So, how can we even check them, since VW won't even open? Arrrgh

Splattgraphics

We run direct, ethernet cable PC to printer. We put our fresh reload of VW 2.0 back in with our disc, but it won't start up; asking for a dongle or printer settings, which we can't access because of no VW bootup. Should we download that 5.6 from the link? -- Vicious circle, isn't it?

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
I would grab the newest VW you can. Sometimes doing updates off an old disc just doesn't work. I think 5.6 is the newest. It's been a while and I just found this link years ago. This dropbox link is for a local dealer.

I stuff can be a pain in the butt. I did have an XC that didn't connect because the port was damaged on the main board, which we had to replace. But that isn't a common thing.

Also, check this VW reinstall walk through. There might be something in them that helps you out: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2zr6ho7z...Docs/Versaworks Reinstallation Guide.pdf?dl=0

I hope this helps.

Cosmin

Conect the printer direc to the PC. Put the same class IP ex. PC 192.168.1.13 and the printer 192.168.1.14, set for bouth device (pc and printer) the sub net mask 255.255.255.0 afther that in your internet browser type the printer IP and pres enter. If the printer and cable are ok the updat page for the printer should opening else you have a hardware failure.