• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Not Connected Troubleshooting

Cher Goodchild

I've got the Soljet Pro III XC-540 and I need to print a banner. VersaWorks says it's not connected. When I select "Get Media Width" in the Production Manager Menu (Flexi 19) - it pulls it in, so it's clearly communicating. I've rebooted, shut everything off, unplugged, plugged back in, verified the IP address... I have no idea why it won't recognize it. It doesn't recognize my network drive, either, so I have to save things to the desktop to add a job to the Queue. The 640 recognizes it and has no issues, so it isn't an internet connection issue. Any idea what I could try? I have today to get this done!

Joe House

I would try uninstalling the printer from VW and reinstalling it. If you can't or that doesn't fix it, then I would initialize Versaworks - go to the Start Menu>Roland Versaworks>Initialize Application. This will basically reset the software to like "newly installed".
I hope this helps.

Good Luck

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i thought
I've got the Soljet Pro III XC-540 and I need to print a banner. VersaWorks says it's not connected. When I select "Get Media Width" in the Production Manager Menu (Flexi 19) - it pulls it in, so it's clearly communicating. I've rebooted, shut everything off, unplugged, plugged back in, verified the IP address... I have no idea why it won't recognize it. It doesn't recognize my network drive, either, so I have to save things to the desktop to add a job to the Queue. The 640 recognizes it and has no issues, so it isn't an internet connection issue. Any idea what I could try? I have today to get this done!

i thought this was going to be a bad interface issue, but you are reporting width.... so we seem to be somewhat connected

have you tried disabling firewall as a test? also do the "disable for 15 minutes" thing with your antivirus

these days they all seem to decide network printing on port 9100 is something we need to be protected from

windows updates change your power management settings and you need to go into device manager and go to network adapter>power management tab and uncheck "allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

Cher Goodchild

I would try uninstalling the printer from VW and reinstalling it. If you can't or that doesn't fix it, then I would initialize Versaworks - go to the Start Menu>Roland Versaworks>Initialize Application. This will basically reset the software to like "newly installed".
I hope this helps.

Good Luck
Thank you for the help! In the end, it was an overloaded queue. I had to delete all of the jobs and restart everything. So, you have to save all your profiles first or lose everything for repeat jobs, but it worked.

Cher Goodchild

i thought

i thought this was going to be a bad interface issue, but you are reporting width.... so we seem to be somewhat connected

have you tried disabling firewall as a test? also do the "disable for 15 minutes" thing with your antivirus

these days they all seem to decide network printing on port 9100 is something we need to be protected from

windows updates change your power management settings and you need to go into device manager and go to network adapter>power management tab and uncheck "allow computer to turn off this device to save power"
I think it may be more than I thought. I had it disconnect mid-print yesterday, so... I will keep trying. Thank you for the tips!

netsol

Premium Subscriber
cher
did you check the power management settings as i suggested?

power management is well known for disconnecting in the middle of a print job although
so are many of the anti virus products (i stopped using anything from mcafee in 1994 because of this issue
i feel vindicated because friends in the business tell me they have not gotten any better

Cher Goodchild

So, I tried. I had a lot of things but nothing that led me there after the Network Adapter part. - I did uninstall and reinstall. I have to do the Firewall thing any time I try to cut from the other computer. I dunno... maybe she's just really cranky.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
windows 10?
type device manager in search
when you open it go to network adapters

upload_2021-4-10_9-15-53.png

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i am assuming this is the issue
microsoft has lost their senses when it comes to power management