• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC 540 Tool carriage separates from head carriage

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
It isn't an elector magnet. The print carriage locks over the capping station and then the cut carriage (which is attached to the belt) pulls away breaking the connection.

How far along the print does it go before the separation error pops up?

Does it act similarly to this?

Check the mechanical Backlash or loose with the Tool Carriage part. I believe this is in reference to the belt attachment to the tool carriage. If it's loose then it'll throw off the encoder count.

Steven M Cox

It isn't an elector magnet. The print carriage locks over the capping station and then the cut carriage (which is attached to the belt) pulls away breaking the connection.

How far along the print does it go before the separation error pops up?

Does it act similarly to this?

Check the mechanical Backlash or loose with the Tool Carriage part. I believe this is in reference to the belt attachment to the tool carriage. If it's loose then it'll throw off the encoder count.
It happens when it starts to print as shown in the attached video. I had to put it in a zip file.

Also uploaded to:

It completed the Linear Encoder setup just fine.

Thx
Steve

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Oh my... Okay.

When the two carriages are connected together how hard is it to separate them yourself? If you can do it with your hands and not wedge a screwdriver in there to separate them, then the magnet isn't connecting well. Also check the bearing smoothness on the print carriage. It should move left and right really easily, push and glide kind of easy. If not use some 3 and 1 oil (just a drop or two).

Look at that magnet connection though. It should (*correction) NOT come apart that easily.

Sorry for the late response, I was out the last week.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Steven M Cox

After all this time.... getting a new magnet didn't help.

Fixed it. It was a darn screw that needed tightened in the picture.

Now, no ink is printing..

What to try first?

Trying to prime the lines. Where to buy the small tube to use when priming?

Attachments

• PXL_20220212_192146499.jpg
    PXL_20220212_192146499.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 127

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Backlash is mechanical sloppiness between 2 mating parts. Example: worn gears that don't mesh properly allow significant movement of one while the other is perfectly still.

I imagine they are talking about there being play when the teo carriages mesh, so one can advance several "notches" while the other carriage shows no movement