• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 scan motor error 0090 0080

agencealoha

Hello all
got this trouble, test print is good but when i send a job, the printer start to print and after a few goings and comings it stop with the scan motor error 0090 0080 warning...
i did the limit initialisation (ok) i did the encoder strip (ok) so in the service note the code refer to an tired scan motor or damaged servo board
i get a new scan motor but it still the same (400 € for nothing) and before changing the servo board (700 €) i'd like to be sure...
the things is, i send a cutting job about 2 meters (so without the printing trolley) and it work well, so i was wandering if the servo board driving both trolley or is it exclusively for the printing trolley ?
any ideas ?
thanks you all for your help and reply...

damonCA21

If the new motor didn't fix it, then the most likely cause is you need to replace the bearing blocks. If you move the carriages by hand across the width of the vinyl they should both move freely with no sticking. When the blocks stick, the motor cannot move them properly and reports an over current error to the printer.

Only the cutting carriage is actually powered by the printer, so cutting on its own will often work fine. The printer needs more power to move the cut and print carriages together and this causes the error.

9/10 if the new motor didn't fix it it is down to the bearings rather than the servo board.
I do have used OEM tested bearings in stock if you need them. Avoid the generic ones from China as they are copies and not the same quality.

agencealoha

Thanks damon
ok i will try for the bearing blocks, is it difficult to change them ?, is someone got a tutorial for this ?
also a technician is going to lend me a servoboard like that i could try without losing money to be sure...
i will let you know about these 2 solutions

damonCA21

Changing the bearing blocks isn't too hard, just a bit time consuming but its pretty straightforward. I can help with this if you need it

damonCA21

No problem, is most likely to be the blocks rather than the board, but its worth trying to see if that fixes it

agencealoha

here 's some news ! prob fix !
No need to try the servoboard, as i can feel the run of the carriage in my hand, it was definitively the bearing blocks...
and fortunately i got 2 old sp540v with the same bearing blocks...so i swope it and it works !
thank you anymay Damon (you were right !) for your help :clapping:

damonCA21

here 's some news ! prob fix !
No need to try the servoboard, as i can feel the run of the carriage in my hand, it was definitively the bearing blocks...
and fortunately i got 2 old sp540v with the same bearing blocks...so i swope it and it works !
thank you anymay Damon (you were right !) for your help :clapping:
No problem, glad you got it fixed