• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help XC540 Stop and go printing problem?

Gilltheprinter

ROLAND XC540 - The printer will print 10 passes and then stop for a few second and keep doing it every 10 passes.... Could someone have any idea what is going on with this type of problem? Thanks in advance Gill....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's either a connection issue or the RIP is set to RIP while printing and the file sis so large that the printer can print faster than the computer can RIP.

Gilltheprinter

It's either a connection issue or the RIP is set to RIP while printing and the file sis so large that the printer can print faster than the computer can RIP.
Thank you for your suggestions.....
Yes the files are very large and I am networking using a TRENDNET switch that has been working extremely well for the past 3 years....
Most likely there is a problem with the speed of my computer.... Maybe it's time to upgrade my old PC...
Again, thank you and Happy New Year......

Gilltheprinter

Shure you have setup a 100BaseT-Network with appropriate cables?
Yes the files are very large and I am networking using a TRENDNET Gigabit switch that has been working extremely well for the past 3 years....
Most likely there is a problem with the speed of my computer.... Likely it's time to upgrade my old PC...

Gilltheprinter

Sounds like connection issue between printer and rip.
Yes the files are very large and I am networking using a TRENDNET switch that has been working extremely well for the past 3 years....
Most likely there is a problem with the speed of my computer.... Maybe it's time to upgrade my old PC...

netsol

Make sure your antivirus thinks your printer/plotter is in a "trusted zone"
And more important
Go to device manager and be sure your network adapter (Or usb port) has the check box removed in power management "allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

Windows update will REPEATEDLY put the check mark back, check a couple times per month

FrankW

Thanks for replying.... My ethernet switch is a TRENDNET Gigabit and has been running for the last 3 years without any problem.... ?

Sometimes the problem is something which makes a lot of traffic on the network. I sometimes have needed to configure printers on a separate LAN-Card with a crossover cable to let them work well (I‘m a supporter).

netsol

Sometimes the problem is something which makes a lot of traffic on the network. I sometimes have needed to configure printers on a separate LAN-Card with a crossover cable to let them work well (I‘m a supporter).

Yes, frank, but much more likely in an enterprise environment than a small (?) print shop/sign shop
We can run a piece of network diagnostic software (wireshark demo is free and will show all traffic on the network)

I would have suggested setting up a vlan, but i try to not make things more complicated than necessary

Gilltheprinter, you can have your "computer guy" setup a vlan, but i am assuming your environment is not cluttered with extraneous equipment. Frank's suggestion is a good one & you can test with one extra lan cable
If that doesn't turn out to be the case, you can setup a perpetual ping of the printer to prevent hibernation/sleep if you don't want to change power management settings