• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XF640 - can't get all nozzles to work (dye sublimation)

TheFlow

Hi guys, I'm very new to this domain of printing, just three months into this business.
I can't get hold of a service technitian right now as they are still in holidays and can make it earliest next week.

Our XF640 doesn't get all nozzles. First, in the middle of a job I noticed that all the supposed black in the print turned more and more into blue, so I stopped the job.
Black Nozzles mostly gone in Head B.

Here's what I tried since then, in this order:
Normal cleaning, like 10 times.
Manual cleaning, followed by many medium cleaning programs.
After nothing worked, pulled the ink back out of the heads. Didn't work.
A light choke cleaning. Many normal and medium cleanings.
Soaked the heads overnight in solution. No change at all since yesterday.

Here's where I currently am. Thanks in advance!

xf640_.jpg

Last edited:

netsol

i would contact:

they developed the print head doctor
.i don't think you are going to buy one of their machines, but you can ask what fluid is compatable with dye sub, fill cleaning cartridges and do an ink fill

or if you want, you can remove head and send to them for "recovery"

we ended up purchasing a chinese knockoff of the printhead doctor from claraprint, i think it was for about $600-$700 (It is a low pressure aquarium pump & an ultrasonic cleaner with a stainless steel reservoir & some valves). if you don't mind adding an aquarium heater and a small vacuum pump you really have something to work with (don't mind me we redesign everything we buy)

TheFlow

Thank you guys, I should've added that we are located in Germany. But we solved it. Changed three dampers in one head and one damper in the other just to be sure. Then drawn the ink with a Y-syringe from the capping stations. After many repetitions of medium cleanings and waiting all nozzles came back eventually.