• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XpertJet 1641SR

Witer

Hi,
I am going to purchase Mutoh XpertJet 1641SR... Can you share opinion about it? did you have any issue with this printer?
I had RF-640 and it was disaster...
thanks in advance for your feedback

rjssigns

First things first. Is the Mutoh dealer close to your shop? Not likely you'll need it but when you do you don't want to be waiting days for a tech.

Soooo.... The printer you're looking at is quite similar to my 1624x which has been a great printer. The XpertJet uses a different ink set. One thing I noticed on the XpertJet is the cheaper take up reel. My 1624x came with the industrial version with dancer bar which works incredibly well. Not a fan of the clutch style TUR, but at least they include it.

Overall I only had one service call to replace a defective capping station.(leaked ink) No charge and the company owner came out and did the work. Thought that was pretty neat.

Last edited:

Sindex Printing

The only complaint I have is finding profiles is harder. If you know how to build them or modify the ones that are available you will be fine. The takeup system takes a little getting use to.
Zero issues and been running over a year in production.