• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xposition Alarm???? Graphtec

Lasvegassigns

I keep getting an XPOSITION ALARM on my graphtec fc7000-75.

The machine is brand new the only way it doesn't happen is if I unwind the vinyl at let it hang. But if I set the roll on the media bars the stupid machine will not pull th evinyl through without the XPOSITION ALARM.

Does anyone else have this problem??? My Roland cx24 pulled the vinyl better than this.....

I have the pich rollers set to the hard position not the weak, and still it will not pull the media.

I really don't want to sit and baby everything that runs through it

Last edited:

chopper

look in your manual and see if you can turn off the meda sensors, or turn them on, I do not have a graphtec but I have heard of this problem here before you could check the posts under graphtec maybe that will help//chopper

Lasvegassigns

yea its not the sensor... It doesn't have enough power to pull the vinyl

Also I am cutting over 30ft I don't want to have 30ft of vinyl hanging off the back. I have about 50 30 footers I am cutting it's a real paint in the but to have to unwind it everytime

high impact

Check the rollers - there is a media lock on one of them. Make sure it is released.

I have a fc7000-75 and love it!!!

Lasvegassigns

Nope there not locked,

But thank you that made me start looking alittle more at the media rack and I found some wierd little tab that was rubbing against the wheel.

I bent it back and now it is working a heck of alot better. Not sure if that tab is supposed to be there or if it is something that was on there from shipping but once i bent it the machine started flying.

stickerguynyc

graphtec problem

this happen to when the roll of vinyl is new and it it too heavy for the machine to pull the vinyl to be cut...

Lasvegassigns

DAMN Stupid thing is doing it again, now i'm at a loss.... Roll is only half full so I don't think it is anywhere near being to heavy.

This sucks

TrustedImages

There HAS to be slack in the roll or it's going to do it. You are putting too much tention on the tool carriage thus the alarm.

TrustedImages

slow the machine down, if it is pulling too fast you can get this alarm.

This is true too. It's pulling the vinyl too fast which pulls it tight which causes tention on the tool carriage WHICH CAUSES THE ALARM! I have tried to find the exact description from the Graphtec manual but for some reason cannot. I know it's somewhere because I read it when mine did it the first time and I almost had a stroke. I didn't know what it was. But I wasn't the brightest when I first got mine. I could get it to say nothing but load media for 3 weeks. haha

Ken

It causes me a little concern 'cause I'm real close to ordering a graphtec cutter. I originally thought I'd go with the Ce5000, then had read how the FC series are much superior. I can understand how a high speed cut config might cause some feeding errors, but I thought the FC was a high production machine?
Ken

signage

Ken when to material is on the roll and the machine pulls the material when it is set to its fastest speed this causes the material to jerk the roll causing this alarm. If you pre-feed the material you will not usually get this alarm.

TrustedImages

Ken don't be scared of the Graphtec. It's not a default or anything. It's just simply not enough slack in the roll. The roll has to flow smoothly or there's too much tension on the tool carriage. That's going to be on any machine.

Sroufe7

Pre-feed is your friend. I had the same problem a couple of times. Now I Pre-feed everything or just roll extra off the roll and let it hang off the back.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Scrap the Graphtec and buy yourself a Lynx 60 from Sign Warehouse. No poblems, we own 4 of them and I use the one Graphtec I have as a coat rack. Graphtec is the biggest piece of junk on the market. Good luck, you'll need to to fix all the errors you get everytime you use the Graph-wreck.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Scrap the Graphtec and buy yourself a Lynx 60 from Sign Warehouse. No poblems, we own 4 of them and I use the one Graphtec I have as a coat rack. Graphtec is the biggest piece of junk on the market. Good luck, you'll need to to fix all the errors you get everytime you use the Graph-wreck.

That would be much like selling a BMW and buying a Yugo. One can only ponder that you feel this way perhaps because you're not as smart as your equipment. It's common to feel as you do when this is the case.

Replicator

If my Roland doesn't have enough slack it has a fatal power error and stops !

If I've got a 30FT piece to cut . . . I give it 32FT of slack in the back.

That's just life, and I've learned to live with it !