• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xr-640, dripping ink while printing

BillyS

Yesterday it was fine, then this morning when I began to print I saw a lot of ink being dripped and trailed over the vinyl. I think it is a damper issue, not 100% sure though, if its a damper issue is that something I change out or should I schedule a tech?
Thanks

Attachments

• ink drops.jpg
    ink drops.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 243

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Did you do a head cleaning and try again. Also, make sure the media is laying flat, as from the image you attached, looks like smear mark from the head rubbing the media.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Did you do a head cleaning and try again. Also, make sure the media is laying flat, as from the image you attached, looks like smear mark from the head rubbing the media.

Looks like it could be a combination of having lint/fibers on the heads (or beside them, on the head carriage) and buckling media.

rjssigns

When I had my Roland I had an ink drip issue. It was caused by a cart that had positive pressure. With the pressurized cart my Roland would randomly barf big blobs of ink on a print.
Can't remember the fix...might have been removing/replacing a few times then running some fill tests.
Whatever the tech told me to do I did and no more drips.

I would tend to agree with ZooGee though as it looks like the head or guard around it is dragging on the media.

BillyS

Yeah, did an automated A&B head cleaning as well as a manual cleaning,

Yeah the media is flat, its not a head rub that you might see when the media buckles or rises up due to static,

I've located a couple videos on changing the dampers for XC-540s, but I know the design of the heads on the XR-640 are very different, so I'm not confident enough to attempt changing them myself, yet.