• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Y-Axis Alarm

imagedesign

My Vinyl Express Q54 Cutter is showing a Y-Position Alarm. Screen says to turn off and back on. I've done that about a dozen times yesterday and today. It's like it's possessed! Sometimes it works fine, sometimes (like now) it won't work for hours on end. Has been happening off and on for a few months, seems to be getting worse. Cutter is only about 2 years old.

I'm not very tech savvy, and don't know what I am doing wrong here. Signwarehouse has acted like they don't know either, and I've spent way too much time on the phone with someone that's never even heard of this alarm.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Please no wise cracks about buying a real cutter...I can't even afford support much less a new system. I'm desperate to get some work done!