• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Y Axis is off

wildside

Mimaki JV3-130spII

I was about to run a print and didn't pay enough attention i guess, when the media feed through, it hit the top of the drying fan and buckled

the head caught the media and wadded it up and gave the standard error, i think it was error 41, and the LCD said hit enter. I hit enter and it was wadded so bad, i had to help push the head to the right a little to get it free

did a nozzle check to make sure nothing got damaged on the head, and it is printing off to the right

usually we have a 52.8" print width, now it says 53.46", and it starts printing on the platen before the media, i have tried adjusting margins, shutting off for "awhile" and turning back on as the manual states..LOL

it is basically off the amount the i had to help push it to un-wedge the media. anyone else experienced this or possibly knows how to correct it?

wildside

here is the zoomed in and the away shots, as you can see it is printing onto the side guide thing

Attachments

• DSC03211.JPG
    DSC03211.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC03213.JPG
    DSC03213.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 98

BobbyFosson

The printer has lost its Home position... I have very little exp. with Mimaki but it might be possible that the printer carriage has slipped (been pushed) along the carriage wire... If the head is affixed to a carriage wire, check to see if the cable has been stripped or damaged at all... in some printers, the head carriage is basically clamped to the carriage wire with a screw and lock nut... The carriage wire may have kept moving a little while the head carriage was jammed.

Either way, you need to reset the home position of the printer; but first check to see if the head assembly has shifted along the carriage wire.

gabagoo

Maybe it is the sensor that detects the edge of the material? Could something be stuck to it?

BobbyFosson

Does this unit have a reflective strip to detect the edge of the media? If not, how does it detect the left and right edge?

particleman

The media sensor is clipped into a bracket on the head. Probably what has happened is that the media pushed it up and broke the clips. Look at the front left of the print carriage for a little metal bracket it sits in. You probably just need to push it back into place. I speak from experience :(

wildside

i looked into the "home position" idea as that sounded very logical to me, and i don't believe mimaki uses this method, then i started searching for the media sensor and couldn't find one, then popped the head cover off and looked again underneath and voila

The media sensor is clipped into a bracket on the head. Probably what has happened is that the media pushed it up and broke the clips. Look at the front left of the print carriage for a little metal bracket it sits in. You probably just need to push it back into place. I speak from experience :(

you the man particleman. It popped the laser media sensor up out of its holder, snapped it back into place and she is back to normal

thanks everyone for you input and help :rock-n-roll: