• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Y current error ...then

maskman

OK so , I have been running mu Mutoh outdoor JR everyday ,If not on a project then at least a test print . Its been working great , so I just finish running a bunch of small banners and all of a sudden I start getting a 074 Y current code .

I do a search and do the usual suspects , Clean the encoder , make sure the carriage is moving freely and no luck . so then I unplug the motor from the main board and get a encoder error code ( I think 64 )

Can someone please give me a clue as to what this might mean? a bad encoder?

Thanks in advance

CRD

Send me an PM and I give you the link to the service manual.
Then check the encoder test for y and other sensors to check first.
Does the head move a little or is not moving at all?

Paco

CRD

I had this problem too when I chanegd the maintenance station.
I first tougth the Y motor was defective.
Cleaned the Y encoder.
Found out when I removed the M station it would work fine.
Then I placed the M station again and lowered it concerning the heigth little by little.
Since then never had an Y error again.
Also check the large screw at the right hand side of the M station.

With the service manual you can give it a go to sort out the problem.

Let us know the result.

Paco

maskman

ok here is what I found doing the self diagnostic

according to the manual this should be 0000

IMG_20130205_135119_739_zpsbd0760f0.jpg

and this should be FFFF

IMG_20130205_135130_623_zps219ac0a9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

maskman

The capping station is fairly new and doesnt look as if it is hitting the head ( as far as the spit cup is concerned

maskman

When I look at it , It almost seems like it is trying to come over to far . It is stopping against the capping station . Right against the metal and long screw.... HMMM .

is there a way to do a reset and have it readjust to the correct settings ?

CRD

First take the front cover off that works a lot easier.
If you do the Y ensor test does the values change if that is the case it is OK.

When the head moves to the right is has to move over the capping station and move it further to the right to lock it aginst the head.
So if you remove the station and it still gives the error you can rule out the station.

Chapter 5.4.1 for the capping setting.

Paco

CRD

What if you turn the large screw a few turns anti clock wise?I just checked the head move fully to the right to activate the air release levers and then bounce back a little to the left. I also have bend upwards the headclip. I always move the head after use in capping position manually.
I run my machine naked ( no cover on the right hand side).

Paco

maskman

Ok , I can move the carriage to the correct marks and ,following the trouble shooting , get to the ageing menu but then it goes back into Y current error code 74.

maskman

What if you turn the large screw a few turns anti clock wise?I just checked the head move fully to the right to activate the air release levers and then bounce back a little to the left. I also have bend upwards the headclip. I always move the head after use in capping position manually.
I run my machine naked ( no cover on the right hand side).

Paco

let me try it

maskman

ok , capping station removed and still getting the Y current error code . I just have the front sitting there , can move it when i need to. (its not screwed down)

I also rotated the screw as instructed . I can not get to aging . as soon as i press the enter button the head moves to the left and The Y current code appears

maskman

upon start it seems to "bounce " over to the left as if to place the color head over the spit cup , then the code shows up....HMMM

CRD

Last try.
if you move the head in the middle and start the machine does it moves to the right if yes how much.

Paco

maskman

I tryed it a few times, the first time it moved about 3 inches to the right then gave the 74 code

the second time it didnt move at all and gave me a encoder code

the third time it didnt move at all and gave me a Y motor code

maskman

ok , so how does this sound... I removed the Y motor and then reinstalled it . This involved loosing the belt . so when I reinstalled ,I tightened the belt made sure nothing was jamming , ran it through a few cycles to make sure the belt was running in the center of the pulleys and

WALA!!! runs like a champ .... not sure what was going on but she is running fine now ,lol