• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Yea or Nay? Floor rack for large vinyl rolls EZ Horizontal Vinyl Roller Rack #17 EZH17

tulsagraphics

+1 for the YelloTools Twister Click racks (the ones with locking mechanisms on the sides so you can link multiple racks together). Very solid construction. $130/ea. Not a bad price for a quality pre-built rack.
TwisterClick - 3

burgmurk

I never liked hanging rolls like that because the core get oval shaped from the weight and hanging at the top point. Much better to stand them on end.

You've actually seen that happen? That doesn't happen with any roll i've ever used.

We have four of those horizontal ones that we only use for color change wrap material, we can just roll it off and cut it. But for print media, it would be a pain. We have vertical ones we welded together. Each holds about 20 rolls. We have one near each printer so the media is right there, then another than holds about 14 rolls by the laminator. The vertical ones without the bars I think are better for the stuff you access all the time as you won’t have all the bars to screw with. The other good thing with the horizontal rack is we laminate long runs of 50+ feet a lot, and you can put the rack at the end of the table and just pull the media off the roll and onto the table as you are working to cut everything and get it ready to apply

Bly

We have a couple of the Yellotools ones. They are good except the centre one can be hard to get at.

tulsagraphics

We have a couple of the Yellotools ones. They are good except the centre one can be hard to get at.
Yeah, this is true. Core holder sizes are pretty good, but I wouldn't mind if they were 1/8" smaller because some materials have slightly smaller cores. And for those extra heavy rolls (like 18oz blockout banner at 65-75lbs/ea) -- well, those suck to lift anyway -- but especially if the cores are snug. I think a few passes with a belt sander or a little sandpaper + elbow grease might just do the trick. (Why they make some of these heavy materials in 150 or 164ft rolls is beyond me)

DaFlea

Actually I went ahead and designed a horizontal roller rack like the Mondo one that Image One impact sells. I saved myself a lot of cash and have a deal worked out with my fabricator where he laser cuts the steal and welds and powder coats them for me. All I have to do is buy the casters and nuts and bolts. He agreed to make them in lots of 5 each if I wish to resale them, however shipping would be the difficult parts due to the weight and size. Regarding ovaling of the core, that can happen if you have a roll sitting for an extended period of time, however the plastic end caps that come with most vinyl can be left in place when storing horizontal to prevent this. I should have my first prototype by late next week.

Super excited becasue $600 for the Mondo was way out there on price.

Yellotools USA

Merchant Member
here's another option if you don't really have the floor space so wall storage makes more sense. We have a system with various brackets to hold your film with a-tubes, on padded mounts or a quick release type system that eliminates a-tubes and makes taking rolls off easy! We also have a mounted cutter that fits on it so you can simply move the desired roll to the ball bearing mounted rollers on the cutter. It even has a counter to measure how much you're rolling out. LOL Here's a few videos that show how it works. It's customizable so the skies the limit. I've seen shops start out with a few basic brackets sets and the mainframes and continue to build from there.