• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

yellow acting up again....sigh

gabagoo

I had that problem with my yellow fixed about 3 months ago with a new pump and new dampers. last week the printer , jv130spII, started again with the yellow head not firing and it seems like it is an entire horizontal row of nozzles thats out. I ran a nozzle wash and it was about 90% good and then i just print a bunch of nothing and it seems to work itself out.

fast forward to today and this morning 3 prints are trash as i did not catch it and again the yellow head is mssing about 50% of the nozzles. I have run 3 nozzle washes today and still cant get it back. I am now running an overnight wash with all power off and see in the morning if it comes back.

Any idea why this is happening again so soon? I am a maintenance freak so I know it is not neglect.

gabagoo

The problem persisted all day with no change other than to say other colours were starting to act up as well. I ran a final nozzle wash and turned all the power off on the machine and left it overnight. I have a pretty bad cold or flu so i did not get a chance to get in yesterday but came in today and started the printer up and the yellow is fine now but 3/4 of all the magenta nozzles and half the black are now not firing!!!

I was low on a magenta cartridge so I replaced it. once the printer knew it had all it's inks at a good capacity it went through a routine maintenance cycle and then i ran a test....and everything is fine now.

So I have no idea why yellow and black were having troubles based on a low magenta cartridge or possibly that the printer had not gone through a proper cleaning cycle, but I am glad I am up and running again.

Hopefully next time i have an issue like this i just replace the low cartridge lol