• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

yellow not printing correctly

gabagoo

I worked all weekend and last night before I left I did a 40 minute nozzle wash. This morning I do a test print and my yellow is about 50% out. I also have a low yellow ink cartridge. This is the second time in about a months period wherby after doing a nozzle wash the heads seemed a bit clogged. I believe last time it was a cyan head. Thats kind of strange for that to happen after doing a nozzle wash aint it?

I am running a 30 minute wash now to clean the head

gabagoo

noted.... going to happen when I return from holidays in 2 weeks. I ran the nozzle wash for 30 minutes and now half the black is out and some cyan!!!! what exactly is happening

MachServTech

noted.... going to happen when I return from holidays in 2 weeks. I ran the nozzle wash for 30 minutes and now half the black is out and some cyan!!!! what exactly is happening

Sounds like there could be an issue with a clog in the line to the pump from the cap as well. Basically what you are dealing with is the waste ink system is not functioning properly, whether that is the cap or the pump is hard to determine from what you described.
If you go on holiday make sure your machine is properly maintained while you are gone.

gabagoo

ran an additional 30 minute wash with a lintless rag for the heads to rest on.... still no change. This is weird considering on the first test print all the black nozzles were firing. I am now running a 99 minute nozzle wash. if that doesnt work you will find me dangling at the end of the power cable!!!!

:bushmill:

gabagoo

well I can fill them and when the wash is over they are empty. I can try a disway wash after this wash. Its weird that the black started doing this when it was working fine before I attempted anything.

MachServTech

fill the caps as the disway is running. Make sure the pumps are functioning correctly. Lower the carriage into the lowest position and make sure there is no debris on the bottom of the printheads. Check the carts to make sure you have at least 25% ink in every cart then perform a fill up ink as needed (Mimaki JV3) and do a nozzle test after each cleaning....note the amount of nozzles recovered after each

gabagoo

fill the caps as the disway is running. Make sure the pumps are functioning correctly. Lower the carriage into the lowest position and make sure there is no debris on the bottom of the printheads. Check the carts to make sure you have at least 25% ink in every cart then perform a fill up ink as needed (Mimaki JV3) and do a nozzle test after each cleaning....note the amount of nozzles recovered after each

I have never done that or seen it in the menu commands. I have 3 inks currently at 1 and out of those 3 one is indicating near empty (yellow) The other 2 are a yellow and a cyan.

gabagoo

I scheduled a service guy for tomorrow to change my capping station. I spoke to him and I told him that 3 of my cartridges were on 1 and some others were on 3. He said it might be to much strain on the pump in this condition and that I should exchange for new cartridges and use the older ones when not printing and simply cleaning. I will give it a shot. What have I got to lose at this point. Mind you I am printing at 720 x 720 8 pass with no high speed and even though it is slow it looks OK.