• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

yet another new guy... from Central PA

bshertzer

Hello all,

I came across this site today in sheer and udder confustification. Here's a little backgound.

I work for a Corporate Property Developer in Central Pennsylvania. I do all of the inhouse architectural drafting and design work. New buildings, remodels of existing buildings, additions, tenant space fit outs, that sort of thing.

We have/had a person inhouse that did all of our signage layouts, and recently i have been asked to take that over.

I'm an Autocad guy thru and thru, this whole "grapics thing" is all new to me. I'm sure i will have tons of questions along the way.

Some of the programs i have in my arsenal are
Autocad 2004
Corel Grapics Suite 12
Gerber Omega 1.56
Adobe Acrobat

Thanks in advance!!

Brian

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Welcome to Signs 101 Brian.

I read and responded to your other post and would like to recommend to you that you upgrade your Omega software to the current version 2.1. One of the ongoing improvements in software is import and export filters. You may find the upgrade results in a little less problems for you.

geb

Hi Brian, after reading your first post, a 24" cutter would be a great investment.

George

OldPaint

WELCOME, from a western pa(originally) to another pa guy..GO EAGLES!!!!!!! damn steelers let me down....

jimdes

"Bula vinaka" that's Hello in Fijian (Fiji). Right now it's 9 degrees and Northern Maine so I like to say a little hello in a warm voice. Welcome.