• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yeti Cup Wrap?

Does anyone have a template for the Yeti tumbler cups, or know where to get them? I was going to just make one but if I could save the time and just buy one that would be great.

Get Lucky

we just wrapped and trimmed ten of them last week. Template would have been nice but couldn't find one.

we just wrapped and trimmed ten of them last week. Template would have been nice but couldn't find one.

The more I've looked at this thing, the more I am wondering if it is possible to fully wrap? It is the 20 oz. tumbler, and looking at the sides they aren't flat... they are convex.

Get Lucky

I didn't snag pics as it was a late at night with a few adult beverages involved. It was for a good friend for his grooms men. I will see if I can get a few pics from him when he gets back from his honeymoon.

Get Lucky

Picture as promised.

Attachments

• 12510244_10204667736085927_1004653852881299281_n.jpg
    12510244_10204667736085927_1004653852881299281_n.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 824

m4ruk4

Question...

Picture as promised.

Maybe my question will be quite dumb.

What did you use to wrap the yeti cup?

I do sublimation but im not wiling to mess up a $40 cup in case it does not work out as I expected lol.

Thanks in advance :)

m4ruk4

:)

What the heck is a YETI cup?

WEll they have different types. There are the can koolers (for beer and whatnot) and the cups (like the travel cups).
The big deal with them is that your drink remains COLD or HOT ... for a long long loooooooong time.
There was one picture circulating social media. I attached it.
And well they make Coolers and tons of stuff.

:peace!:

Attachments

• yetiice.jpg
    yetiice.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 750

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Can you give some tips on how you did it without using a template?

Making a template is waaay easy. This goes way back to drafting class and conical development, but it can be simpler than that.

Put a straight line on a large piece of paper. Place a piece of tape on the inside edge of the cup's rim and put a mark on it. Place the cup on the piece of paper so the mark in the cup aligns with the line on the paper on the table. (In essence, the mark will be at the 6 o'clock position.)

Roll the cup on the table so it makes one full revolution (the mark will be back at the 6 o'clock position again) Since it is conical, it will make an arc-shaped pattern. Note the major radius and the minor radius and the included angle. The included angle is the angle between the first line drawn on the paper, and where the cup stopped after making one full revolution. There really shouldn't be much of an issue if the cup is slightly convex.

So...if you're still having a hard time visualizing this, go to McDonald's and order a drink that comes in a PAPER cup, not one of those bladder-busting plastic cups. Gently unroll the lip at the rim of the cup and separate the vertical seam and remove the bottom. Lay it flat on the table and note the shape...that's what you're after with the Yeti cup.

JB

lkt1954

What do you'll use to wrap and/or put decals on the yeti cups? We are having numerous want to wrap/decal yeti cups and I have no idea what material will last the longest. I thought about sublimation, but I do not think it will work since the are not a designated sublimation product.

Ay thought/ideas on what is the best material to use here?

Thanks
Larry

I would think a standard cast wrap material would be sufficient to use for this. I have not wrapped any yet, but I have put logos on the as a "promotional" item and have used Oracal 3951RA with good results.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Just go buy the Walmart Ozark trail cups and put "YETI" on the wrap. They're pretty much the same thing for 1/4 price. ;):covereyes: