• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You can now rent Adobe Photoshop

MachServTech

They always seem to move on to the next update as soon as I purchase, may be a good way to stay up to date:

From downloadsquad.com
You can now rent Adobe Photoshop for $35 per month, CS 5.5 available soon

by Sebastian Anthony on April 11, 2011 at 06:00 AM
FILED UNDER: apps, mac,

cs5.jpg
Rejoice! No longer will you have to fork over $700 for a Photoshop CS5 license! Adobe has unveiled a new subscription scheme where you can rent the entire Creative Suite, or individual packages, by the month, or for an entire year.

Adobe Photoshop can be yours for $35 per month if you agree to rent it for 12 months, or $49 per month if you require its services for a shorter period. Dreamweaver can be had for even cheaper, at just $19 per month. The entire Master Collection is still rather expensive, though, at $125 per month.

Today, Adobe also ushered in the release of Creative Suite 5.5, and simultaneously upped its release cycle from 18 months to 24 months. This means, if you rent Photoshop for two years, it's actually the same cost as buying it outright. There's no rent-to-own option, though -- so you wouldn't have access to the cheaper upgrade price once Creative Suite 6 rolls around next year. Still, if you need access to Photoshop, After Effects or Premiere for a one-time project, the new rental scheme could be exactly what you're looking for.

In other news, Adobe has announced that it will be launching three rather exciting iPad apps that work in conjunction with Photoshop: Eazel, Nav, and Color Lava. Eazel lets you five-finger paint on your iPad, and export the result into Photoshop; Nav acts as some kind of workspace, brush and menu extension, and the hopefully named Color Lava is a paint mixing palette. The apps are expected to appear in the App Store in the next 30 days.

http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2011/04/11/you-can-now-rent-adobe-photoshop-for-29-per-month/

Last edited by a moderator:

VinylLabs.com

I'm really not liking this, just showed it to my boss as well. He's not liking it either. our company sells adobe products! wonder if we can get this rental thing too or if its just direct form adobe.

MachServTech

Looks like its direct from Adobe, it will definitely cut into dealer sales.
I see it as good and bad, but either way I believe this is the future delivery model for all high end software.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator

Craig Sjoquist

Well for me this is great, I do not have any of the Adobe products and can not afford any of them, but to rent, now thats something I can do hopefully, but still I need a bigger PC in order to handle the work the software can produce.

Like here most wraps are worthless that the shops do, it would be so easy to design wraps with better software and a better PC and have the other shops print them. Heck maybe they might learn by seeing and give me more of a challenge to produce better work.

Yup this is great ... why worry resellers, if I rent high end software, like it, make money with it, I would want to own it also... it is like try the software for awhile not just 30 days get to learn about it at a cost a while, you like you will buy, it's a great way to sell and up sell products.

GoodPeopleFlags

Great! Now people with no experience in design or knowledge of photoshop can just rent it for a month to create their own logo! Yipee!
:covereyes: