• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You know it's gonna be a bad week starting like this!

TheSnowman

Ok, I came in today, did a routine cleaning like always, and am trying to print a "fathead" on Photo-Tex for a company that needs it today. I had everything done on the computer end, and just had to hit print, but this is what the freakin' thing is spitting out! I've had enough trouble matching colors, finally got that figured out, now this! Anyone EVER seen this on their machine before?

UPDATE: My test prints basically aren't even there when I run one. It's got a little tiny bit of red you can see, but the rest of it, NOTHIN!

Attachments

• BadPrint.jpg
    BadPrint.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 154

Flame

I have some fathead material in stock if you need something printed fast... other than that, I'd say you've got a sucky week ahead. :( I hate it when printers start screwing stuff up.

ChicagoGraphics

Do a 1 minute head soak, that should unclog your heads. That only happened to me once on my Mimaki when I didn't tighten the plate on the other end of the printer where you clean your heads at, so It didn't do no auto cleaning during the weekend.

TheSnowman

Do a 1 minute head soak, that should unclog your heads. That only happened to me once on my Mimaki when I didn't tighten the plate on the other end of the printer where you clean your heads at, so It didn't do no auto cleaning during the weekend.

I've done several head soaks, and nothin. I'm at the end here. I can't get ANYTHING to come out anywhere now.

gabagoo

can you please explain what is happening in the pic? Is it that the heads are not firing or is it that each colour is not lining up properly, I can't tell from the pic...also what the heck is Fathead anyways?

TheSnowman

can you please explain what is happening in the pic? Is it that the heads are not firing or is it that each colour is not lining up properly, I can't tell from the pic...also what the heck is Fathead anyways?

The pumps are bad. I ordered new ones, they will be here tomorrow.
Here is a fathead:
http://www.fathead.com/

We do these w/ a local photographer for the kids at school.

TheSnowman

I don't buy them, I make them. Fathead is licensed to sell all the real sports people...I'm just takin' that idea, and using the photographers pics from local highschool kids, then tracing around them, and doing a cutout. The photographer sells them, and I just make them for him, from his shots.

gabagoo

I don't buy them, I make them. Fathead is licensed to sell all the real sports people...I'm just takin' that idea, and using the photographers pics from local highschool kids, then tracing around them, and doing a cutout. The photographer sells them, and I just make them for him, from his shots.
oh I see....