• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You want my quote in writing ???

Drip Dry

I have a customer for the past dozen years or so. Large company, so we do regular business with 2 departments.
It's always been that 1 dept. ask for a quote, we give it to them, and we do the job. The other dept. is always trying to squeeze nickles out of their buts.
They are always asking us to repair signs, instead of replacing them. I have a sky high stack of quotes that never came to be.

Yesterday, they asked for a dozen parking signs and a pair of magnetics in an e-mail. We quoted them back in e-mail.( btw this is how we did it for years) OK go ahead, By the end of day we sent proofs for both. This morning we get a PO for the parking signs but hold off on the magnetics.
NOW THE KICKER. This afternoon I get an E-mail that says can you fax over your quote for the magnetic on your letterhead. You know where this going. They have someone that says let me see the quote on paper so I can beet it.

So what do I do ? I want to tell them to pound salt, but I don't want to be holding a dozen signs that we made today. And I don't want to cause a problem with the other dept. I want them to know that I know what their up to.

Somebody give some good advice.

Thanks
JT

Mosh

I don't know, why didn't they just print the e-mail out. How much are your mags? We charge $60 for a 10x24 pair. (plus art if needed)

Dave Drane

Tell them you know what they are up to, and that you have always been there for them, unlike some Jonny-come-lately whose onle address is his cell phone.

mikefine

Ask them a question in response: Just curious, why a fax?

and/or ask: should I fax over a purchase order as well?

You got the other signs, you'll probably get this order as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We always give written quotes. You win some, you lose some.

Loyalty in customers is far and few between these days. We have some for almost 25 years and we lose some others every year, but we seem to be getting far more than we lose in the last two years or so. I believe many places are shaking the bushes with so many shops going in and out of business and it pays them to keep you honest by getting written quotes.