• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your experience with Grimco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where you are coming from completely. You bought a product that is flawed and didn't get far enough into the roll to realize this until it was too late. I'm sure you're thinking that it would be nice of them to back their product anyway since this really isn't your fault. All I can say is best of luck to you. It's too bad they won't back their product beyond one year.

Colin

Cheese and Rice! After telling them (on the phone) to not send me a new roll yesterday, and to just wait to see if the claim gets approved, I just received an invoice by email showing that the new roll (at full price) has been shipped! Gah!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So what’s the history of customer service with Grimco? As you all likely know, our Canadian supplier “Proveer” was taken over by Grimco about a year ago, and there seems to be a drop in service. I’ve had a couple of orders sent to other sign shops, along with other shipping & order errors, and now this new issue today:
Now, follow along, here's where it gets a little tricky.
Just over a year ago I bought a 54” roll of JetFlex banner material. Not long into it I noticed a slight band along the length of it that was accepting the ink “differently”. This was on a few non-flood banners (white b/g) so it wasn’t too terrible, but seems to be getting worse into the roll. I did a black flood yesterday and the band was more noticeable. (I lightened-up the JPG to make it show more). I sent this photo to Grimco and was told that a claim would be put in. I would need to pay for the replacement roll, but would be credited once the claim was approved. Sounds good.

A few minutes later I got an email stating that “there’s nothing that they can do” because it was just out of shelf-life, and therefore out of warranty. I found this to be akin to dealing with an insurance company who is always looking for an out. That band would certainly have been there all along, and not just developed recently, so it didn’t seem like very good service to me who has been a long-time customer.

Is this their Modus Operandi?

Maybe it's different in Colinland, but the rest of us, generally would expect at the initial findings [the part in magenta above] is the best time to deal with something. The other odd thing is, if you don't make a lot of banners in a years time, that's alright, but to expect someone else to know you have stock on the shelves for years, is preposterous to think they know that. To me, it appears you were trying to pull a fast one. How much banner media is left on the roll ?? I have things setting around the shop for years, but if I found a flaw or problem with it now, I would not go asking for money to compensate me for something they did not cause or know anything about, until far too late.

Colin

To me, it appears you were trying to pull a fast one.

Good grief man, are you serious? It's surprising what comes out the other end after going through the Gino filter.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, VERY serious.

Let me add one more thing. We've had our run-ins with Grimco. They are not one of our preferred vendors, but we still will use them. The degree of bad threads geared towards petty problems, aimed at huge distributors on this forum, is just amazing. That being said, it takes more than a $125. roll of goods going bad ON MY WATCH to make this guy write a thread about such nonsense.

You've used this roll on & off for over a year and you still want them to give you something. You didn't lose a single dime, but you want someone else to pay for your miscalculations. Are you serious ??

:donderwolk:

Colin

Gino, I wonder if you have the ability to constructively contribute to a person’s thread without being a gruff, abrasive, school-yard bully. Kindly work on that ability. It is tiring to have you enter such discussions in your typical steamroller, judge & jury fashion, barking like some junkyard dog with the usual position of: “Hey! Ya’ll don’t do things just like I do; now stop that, and be exactly like me!”

Please refrain from posting on my threads in the future. Your toxicity is off-putting.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, I wonder if you have the ability to constructively contribute to a person’s thread without being a gruff, abrasive, school-yard bully. Kindly work on that ability. It is tiring to have you enter such discussions in your typical steamroller, judge & jury fashion, barking like some junkyard dog with the usual position of: “Hey! Ya’ll don’t do things just like I do; now stop that, and be exactly like me!”

Please refrain from posting on my threads in the future. Your toxicity is off-putting.

Is that supposed to mean something ?? You do something which you have a handful of people who pity you, but by most industry standards, you missed the boat ?? Now, you wanna pout about your own stupidity ?? I'm supposed to bow down to your wishes ?? Are you for real ?? Oh yeah, you're the guy who wants money back for something you didn't report. What happened to you is wrong, but what you did is more wrong and while they have a policy in motion for it..... you have nothing but your d!ck in your hand.

You know you will never do anything I suggest, but I'm hoping other people might read what I have to say and use it in their own arsenal of battles or problems in the future and not do all the dumb things you are always complaining about. It's not/never about you Colin, but helping the others reading your pathetic complaints all the time. You're a poster boy for that crap.

In all my posts [25,000] I doubt you'll find a handful of complaints or put-downs, but probably 25% to 30% of yours are just that...... this don't work, that don't work, this won't do this or that, so and so did this to me...... gimme a frickin' break and just stop posting this bullsh!t. Then, I won't hafta listen to what appears to be a beginner crying all the time. Sheesh !!
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.