• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your Google ranking may have changed big time

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you haven't checked your position lately, you may want to see where you rank. Google made some major changes to the ranking system last month and people that were once on the top are on the bottom, and vise versa. You can open an "incognito" browser tab and search for sign companies in your area.

I used to rank high on several locations and now they plummeted in rank and hits. Two of my other spots in larger cities rose higher.

Just something else to worry about...

binki

You can get to the top of unpaid listings with a simple 1 page website. SEO is pretty simple if you know what to put on your site. Basically there are meta words that search engines use. Then there is your title bar and finally your content. All of those combined will be used to place you in search engines.

Things like backlinks and how they work change over time but your content can remain static for years and still deliver results.

Stacey K

I like making signs
It's like a search engine that removes all the liberal b/s across the internet and replaces it with pro-trump memes, like this.
Essex_Duck___Trump_rubber_duck.jpg
Boudica In a nutshell - that's why I started using it some time back, Trump, Covid, etc. You get different search results than from Google and they don't track you. Although, mostly I use Google because it "gets to know you" after a while and can finish my sentences. Duck Duck Go is nice to get "raw" search results...if that makes any sense. I'm no pro on the matter lol
Try typing the same search in each engine and you will see different results.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
If you haven't checked your position lately, you may want to see where you rank. Google made some major changes to the ranking system last month and people that were once on the top are on the bottom, and vise versa. You can open an "incognito" browser tab and search for sign companies in your area.

I used to rank high on several locations and now they plummeted in rank and hits. Two of my other spots in larger cities rose higher.

Just something else to worry about...
So, what caused them to make your ranking drop? Can you see a reason?
My first suspicion would be that they are trying to get money for google guarantee business. and google ads.
I don't use the rankings in MY business because I'm small and I'm within a few miles from a big box sign company. But we do look at it for my boyfriend's roofing business.

netsol

in the OLD DAYS there was overture, i think it was. if you had the toolbar loaded, every search result had a price, in ( ) this is what it cost for you to be at that position i think it was in red
they were very upfront about it. it was kind of refreshing compared to what we have now

CanuckSigns

in the OLD DAYS there was overture, i think it was. if you had the toolbar loaded, every search result had a price, in ( ) this is what it cost for you to be at that position i think it was in red
they were very upfront about it. it was kind of refreshing compared to what we have now
You're thinking of Google ad words, which is the paid ads at the top of your search results, this change has to do with organic search results / seo

Scotchbrite

No comment
Boudica In a nutshell - that's why I started using it some time back, Trump, Covid, etc. You get different search results than from Google and they don't track you. Although, mostly I use Google because it "gets to know you" after a while and can finish my sentences. Duck Duck Go is nice to get "raw" search results...if that makes any sense. I'm no pro on the matter lol
Try typing the same search in each engine and you will see different results.
Duck Duck Go is a good one to use for more controversial type stuff like the topics you mentioned. Now don't ask me exactly what this means, but from what I was told is Duck Duck Go searches databases and doesn't send out bots so you don't get the most expansive results.

mim

0_o
Thanks for making me aware of this so I can seem well informed and technologically aware when I let my boss know! :p
But yeah we fell from first result to the third page... yikes