• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your opinions please!

abadsvt

I finally got around to designing my website (It only took a year and half...LOL). I was hoping you guys could take a peak and it. Let me know what you think. I was wanting something professional, clean, easy to navigate. I think it came out okay. Not sure if i am being too hard on my self or not hard enough. Thanks ahead of time!

www.slocountysigns.com

Josh

phototec

WOW!

You did a GREAT job, I like it.

It is a thousand times better then another one on here, I visited yesterday, you definitely have some DESIGN skills!

Did you create the actual web site yourself?

What software did you use?

:notworthy: :rock-n-roll:

iSign

looks nice.

Now that you finished it, I would make one or two suggestions.
The copy writing on the home page could probably be polished up a little. If you wrote it yourself, like a lot of us this is not exactly your area of expertise, and although you know your business & your industry, good copy writing is another art altogether. I'm no copy writer either, but I did find a few things to be a little awkward, or possibly not serving you as well as it might with some minor revisions.

I think there were three panels, the first one said "creative pricing & creative design" ..I don't like the impression I get from "creative pricing" ...but that's just me...

anyway, saying you are competitive with online competitors is hard to believe as well as inappropriate in my opinion. On the 5 bullet points, I think that would look nice with bullets, flush left, instead of numbers scattered throughout the copy. Short & sweet would be good there too...

In the second section I looked at your work, and think you should consider a better example of signage for that panel. Lastly, in the third panel, you wrote "5years+" with no spaces. maybe just "five years" or "at least five years" would flow better... to me anyway... and then there was "customers like to do business with professional business" which needs some slight modification, in my opinion...

The last comment was regarding your gallery. I looked at some banner layouts and they looked really nice... BUT, if all your high end dimensional signage is on page two... is that really what you want?? Not everybody who makes it to the first page will go to the second page... but if the best stuff comes first, that probably increases your odds ...

nice looking signs!!

WrapperX

I have a question - The windward vineyard truck. Is that Cut Vinyl or a printed white on clear? Cause if thats cut vinyl - I don't envy your vinyl weeder. MAN that's complicated!!

Edserv

Search engines "index" text copy. Your entire home page is java script or pictures. So any text (content) on your home page is "invisible" to the Googlebots.

You can remedy this by making your links and content "text based" so that Google can follow these links to other sub pages within your site. (So that you may have a chance of "showing-up" in Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.)

Also, I was unable to see your title tag (page title) on your home page from the computer I was viewing this from, but I'm guessing you could title your home page with 3 or 4 key word phrases, not your company name.

Good luck!

Custom_Grafx

Looks really good, but I'd like to see it with a sans serif font version just out of curiousity. For some reason i've always preferred sans serif on a computer monitor... and serif for print.

I also think you have done your good sign work injustice with some of the photos being a little dark and dull. Calibrate your monitor and play with the contrast/brightness/saturation/hue settings... only 20-30 seconds per photo should be plenty of time to get them looking ALOT better. These things are small though and over time will improve I'm sure.

I also suggest adding a favicon - just to be a pain. It looks more professional.

The background was already compared to an office template... true... it's not THAT bad, but again, you could do all your hard work more justice with something more sophisticated. For web site graphics you don't need 300dpi hi-res files and you may very well find that some of the freely available textures online might be sufficient for this purpose.

Congrats on the site though - it's always so much hard work but always worth. Good to set up a calendar event to remind yourselves to update and tweak things once a month or two as well. From experience, it's so easy to forget to do so, then it's embarassing when someone mentions that you're missing some info or there's a spelling mistake or that you haven't updated some info and the such.

noregrets

Not too bad overall, however...

I would get rid of the centre aligned text - it makes it hard to read, left aligned is more natural.

Also, in those 3 panels on the front, as well as left align, also tidy them up a bit. Put paragraphs in and space out the content a bit. It is very hard to read the way it is.

And finally, not a fan of the font

signswi

Search engines "index" text copy. Your entire home page is java script or pictures. So any text (content) on your home page is "invisible" to the Googlebots.

Oof yeah I didn't even notice that. Built in Dreamweaver, that would explain it. Going to have SEO problems like crazy but that's the downside of doing a type of work that isn't your wheelhouse.